Subaru OUtback - Convertible Rear Facing Car Seat

U

Unregistered

Do you have any suggestions on good convertible car seats to fit rear facing in a suabru outback?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Sure do! But first, can you let us know what year Outback, how heavy and old your child is, and what your budget is? Also, do you have anyone else in the backseat, and will you in a few years?

Wendy

H

Hota

Sure do! But first, can you let us know what year Outback, how heavy and old your child is, and what your budget is? Also, do you have anyone else in the backseat, and will you in a few years?

Wendy

I have a Subaru Outback as well and am looking for a two convertible car seats (for twins!) to use rear facing for as long as possible.

My Outback is 2007 - the older non-SUV style.

My boys are 10 months old and are quite different in size. One is 23.5 pounds and 31" tall with a gigantic head that's off the charts. His brother is about 17.5 pounds and is about 27" tall with a head in the 85% - big, but not nearly as big as his brother's head.

No one else needs to fit in the backseat, although it might be nice if our dog could sit in between them.

Budget shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the help!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi Hota,

A couple of Diono Radians with angle adjusters should fit well. You could also look at the Graco Size4Me/My Size 70/Headwise (I think the Headwise is on sale at Target this week). And then the Clek Foonf if no budget times two *really* isn't a concern. ;)

How is your dog restrained?

Wendy

S

Sulma

Hello Wendy,

We also have a 2007 Subaru Outback. I was interested in the Diono Radian R100, but with the 28.5" height I didn't think it would fit rearfacing. I just found out from your post that such a thing as angle adjusters exist. This is great. Do you think it would still be awkward though because even though it might not run into the front row seat, it would be towering over them?

I also read in someone's personal review of the R100 that they did not like it because it did not have any side head support. Do you think this is an issue? Would it be an awful idea to keep my 17 month old (21 pounds) in it front facing (because of the lack of side head support) if I just can't get it to work rear-facing?

Thank you so much!
Sulma

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC