Is there anywhere online..

missycourteney

Where I can order a Radian. Must be the 65lbs one. Cheap shipping would be nice as well. Will they ship to Newfoundland?
I cannot find a Radian here anywhere not even Canadian Tire!:(

Any help would be great!
Thanks so much!:D

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Tummies to Tots have the Radian & Radian Premier with 65 lb weight limit stickers. On the regular Radian though, they still have some 48 lb ones in stock too, so you would have to be sure to specify that you want a 65 lb one. They are more $ than CT, but have free shipping right now. I got my Radian Premier through them and it was shipped free via FedEx to .... .

Quoted from another thread. ;)

I know safetysuperstore also has them, although I'm not sure how much their shipping is. TJ's Kids carries them, but I've heard their shipping is really expensive.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Babyproofingplus.com (safetysuperstore) only has 65lbs limit ones now. They are $229. When I ordered mine, shipping was an additional $40.

bbartlettnfld

I also bought mine form SafetySuperstore (Babyproofingplus) but my shipping was $20... I think that one of the fabrics had more expencive shipping I got Champagne.
Oh and yes they ship to Newfoundland, as that is where I got mine shipped to, it took about a week, (ordered it on a Saturday it came the following Friday)

BethAnn

missycourteney

I also bought mine form SafetySuperstore (Babyproofingplus) but my shipping was $20... I think that one of the fabrics had more expencive shipping I got Champagne.
Oh and yes they ship to Newfoundland, as that is where I got mine shipped to, it took about a week, (ordered it on a Saturday it came the following Friday)

BethAnn

Thank you so much!
A week isn't THAT long to wait since it is... so far away haha. :p

Does the Radian 65 come with the shoulder pads?

missycourteney

Perfect!
I'm so full of questions!
Still debating on whether I NEED it right now or if it can wait.
I take my friends lil guy about once a week and he's about to grow out of his scenera and there's no way he's going in a booster (hes not old enough or heavy enough anyways) & i'm thinking changing car seats is a pain in the bum PLUS I want to buy my brother a Radian for his baby in January. I was thinking of buying the Radian and using it myself & giving my brother the Scenera to use and then later on give him the radian. I"m sure by the time the Radian expires (which is how long?) there will be plenty of other car seats that have a higher weight limit so the whole expiring before baby is old enough for a booster isnt that big of an issue.
I'm rambling.
Any advice?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The Radian has an 8 year expiry date... so it really can last from newborn until booster age (most kids will fit in it until age 6 or 7).

How old is the child that comes with you once a week? What vehicle (year/make/model) is the seat going in?

If the child is forward facing (I'm guessing he is if he's outgrowing the Scenera), then what about getting a combination seat.

Evenflo Bolero/Generations - harnesses to 47lbs and then makes a decent belt positioning booster

Evenflo Visions/Chase/Traditions - harnesses to 47lbs and then makes a decent belt positioning booster

Both combination seats have a 6 year expiry date and they start as little as $60. You could get one of these for your vehicle and still get your brother the Radian for about the same price as the Marathon.

missycourteney

The Radian has an 8 year expiry date... so it really can last from newborn until booster age (most kids will fit in it until age 6 or 7).

How old is the child that comes with you once a week? What vehicle (year/make/model) is the seat going in?
He's a little over 3 years old & 30-31lbs. My car is a 2002 Chevy Malibu.

If the child is forward facing (I'm guessing he is if he's outgrowing the Scenera), then what about getting a combination seat.
Yea he's forward facing. I didn't know about the benefits of keeping him rear facing until he was 30lbs.

Evenflo Bolero/Generations - harnesses to 47lbs and then makes a decent belt positioning booster

Evenflo Visions/Chase/Traditions - harnesses to 47lbs and then makes a decent belt positioning booster.
The only reason i haven't thought about those seats is because he has a fairly long torso so i just assumed they were all pretty much the same.Am I wrong? He'll outgrow it by height LONG before weight.

Both combination seats have a 6 year expiry date and they start as little as $60. You could get one of these for your vehicle and still get your brother the Radian for about the same price as the Marathon.
That's a pretty good idea! I'm going to look into that.

Thank you!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
How long is his torso and overall height? If he's just outgrown/outgrowing a Scenera then he *may* have enough time in one of the combination seats I mentioned to get him to a good booster age (minimum 4 years and 40lbs).

If he does have a really long torso, then the original plan of using the Radian and passing the Scenera to your brother might be a better idea.

Aiden is 5.5 years old. He is 35lbs, 44in tall with a 16in torso. His torso height has not changed since January but he's gotten taller, so it looks like his legs are finally catching up. :)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/413192536_e6bcc9cb12.jpg?v=0

If the Marathon/Chase are in super upright positions (3rd row of my van), he is just below to right at the top slots on these seats... but he sits in the captain's chair of my van and is over the top slots when these seats are installed in this position. So he has a Radian... he's still got approximately 1.5 - 2 inches before he's even with the top slots on this seat.

If you have either of the combinations seats I mentioned near you and you can try him in them with the seats installed in your car, that would be the best idea. If you do get a chance to do this, check out where his shoulders are in relation to which slot he'd need to be using (example: shoulders are one inch below the second from top slot). That info would give us an idea of how long he might have in the seat. Keep in mind, it would just be an educated guess... nothing is set in stone. ;)

missycourteney

He's not really cooperating with me today but these are the measurements i got. 38" tall, 13.5" torso.
I'll take some pictures of him in the car seat today as well.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Okay, he's got roughly the same torso measurement as my 2.5 year old :)

I would probably skip the Radian for him and just get a combination seat.

The ones I mentioned have tall top slots and should get him to 5 years old. Then they will turn into a decent booster for a few years after that.

Hope that helps :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Yeah, you've got lots of room left. I would make sure to pull his hoodie out from under the straps and then tighten them down a smidge. :)

missycourteney

Yeah, you've got lots of room left. I would make sure to pull his hoodie out from under the straps and then tighten them down a smidge. :)

I realized that after I took the picture. When I looked at it before we left to drive i pulled his hood out.

Thank you soo much for all your help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC