Lent out both spare seats today

cdncasper

Today the girls and I went to visit my friend H and her 2 little ones H (almost 4) and D (almost 2) and to check out her carseats. H is in an Evenflo Visions (she is about 40" and 41lbs) and D is in an AOE (about 36" and 31lbs). I got to give her DH credit that he really tried and compared to some I have seen these seats were not too bad. The AOE was FF with it in full recline and about 2 inches loose and the Visions was about 2 1/2 inches loose and had aftermarket shoulder pads. I took the shoulder pads off and tightened the Visions and took the AOE out and put my Bolero in instead since he was right at the top usable slot in the AOE. So until they can afford to get D a new seat they are using my Bolero which is great.

Than we went to the zoo with my other friend J and her family (mom and 8 siblings, grandma and aunt and uncle). J puts her 2 mth old in a snugride (perfectly installed) but I noticed her mom's van had no carseats (youngest children are 17 mths and 3 yrs) and asked where the 17mths olds carseat was (3 yr old was in grandma's van and didn't get to see if he had anything) the mom said they had forgotten it at home so I pulled out my extra AOE and installed it for him. Couldn't believe that they were just going to put him in a seatbelt. What luck that I was parked right by her. Now I wish I would have checked to see if the 3 yr old was in anything but grandma was already driving away. I will talk to her when I go pick up the carseat this week.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC