New booster or re-harness?

BabyKaykes

DS has gotten super lazy in the car these days. I feel like no matter how far we go, I'm constantly telling him to sit up and sit back. He slouches terribly and his head is always in front of his headwings. This has gone on for at least the last 90 days. When I ask if he needs his harness back, he whines and says no.

This ONLY happens in my van. He's in a Cybex X-Fix. I've tried reclining the seats a little, he just looks uncomfortable. He has a backless Amp in DHs sedan and is always in perfect position.

What gives!?

I hate to buy a Parkway just for the sg clip, but I will.

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Do you have a harness available for him? If so, and it were my kid, I'd put it back in the car and tell him why. I'd probably leave it for a week and then let him try the booster again. That's likely to work for my kids.

tiggercat

Is it laziness or trying to get comfortable? I'd probably harness if he is small enough that that is reasonably an option (I'd reharness my 7 year old if I could, she's a terrible booster rider lately, but she's too big for the FR).

Actually, can you try the amp in your vehicle and watch him in it? Or borrow a booster from a friend and see if he sits better?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

BabyKaykes

Hes not trying to get comfy, I've asked. And he's always in perfect position when he falls asleep.

I don't have any more harnessed seats. I'd have to buy. I'm getting a S4M in Jan, but only to RF my nanny kid. The Amp is too wide for the shape of my captains chairs and the belts in the 3rd row are at an angle that makes the shoulder belt not lay on his chest.

He's still a shorty. 48", 44lb, 16-ish" torso.

christineka

I'd reharness and I did. My son sits perfectly in whatever booster- backless or high back in the car, but up until recently, he was often out of position in the van.

babyherder

Can you get the S4M now and have your ds ride in it for a while? You need it anyway so it won't be a waste if you decide to booster your ds again in a week.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Even if he's not consciously trying to get comfortable, I wonder if he needs leg support?

Alternatively, maybe he feels subconsciously uncomfortable unable to see around the headwings. I'm wondering if switching positions in the van to one he might see better from could help? Or, besides the SG, the PW's headwings are more ”open...”

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC