What compares to an avalon?

My sorento is going back in Oct (lease) but something is SERIOUSLY wrong with it, It does not shift into park suddenly, the stability control light and another light go on and suddenly I am stuck in drive and can only move it to neutral, from there I have to pull the E brake and turn it off. AUGH. KIA thinks I just have something sticking in the shifter and they are taking it in tomorrow..if it can't be fixed I am telling them to keep it. lol

Anyways I am thinking of purchasing a LARGE sedan instead of an suv or minivan. Julianna just about passes the 5 step test.. I am sure by Oct she will be out of a booster. Fiona will be in a backless by next Dec, and Nolan is in a frontier.. and will still be cause he is active.

I am curious if there are other options for a really wide across back seat. (my mom has an avalon and 3 across that with any seat is a breeze.) Should I look at any other sedans for size?

ADS
used, no older than 2009 $19,000 tops but I would obviously talk them down cause that's how I roll when I buy a car.

I REALLY want to stick to toyota or Honda, maybe nissan..something that will really hold it's value. (no ford or mercury I have NO luck with them ever and I can't afford to have to get my car fixed constantly)

As of right now I am pretty set onthe avalon if I go the sedan route. I do have to fit three kids, a husband, me and two cavalier king charles spaniels in it though. I keep the doggies tied up to the seats, but they would not have their own seat if we go as a family somewhere with them. Most of the time Bentley just gets his leash tied to the head rest and then comes to climb in my lap anyways and falls asleep if we are all in the car. (he ate his car harness.) :eek::rolleyes:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Hyundai Santa Fe is very similar to the Kia Sorento since the 2011 model year, both built on the same chassis at the same plant, with variations primarily in features, sheet metal, etc. They also have some common engines/transmissions and likely share a good percentage of overall content.

Other cars in the same class as the Avalon in addition to Chevy Impala (same as Buick LaCrosse) would be the Ford Taurus and Chrysler 300. All of these get good safety ratings in their current versions from both the IIHS and NHTSA. These would also likely be much less expensive on the used market than the Avalon.

Since the new 2013 Avalon is out, I would not be surprised if you could get a better deal on a new 2012 Avalon with incentives than you could on a low-mileage, 2010-2011 Toyota certified used Avalon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC