Deepest shell??

Kel

Which seat has the deepest shell? Graco MR, BLVD, or the FOONF?

Thanks, Kelley

ADS

Kel

Thanks. So is it a lot deeper than the BLVD?

If you were into SIP, which would you pick? The MR because of the deep shell? Or an advocate maybe?

I realize there's no standard for this, but just wondering what you all think.

I've been giving this some thought since reading in another thread that many of you don't like the idea of using the RXT RFing out board.

So what do you like out board???

If It makes a difference, I drive a FORD e350 12 passenger van. No side air bags, but sits up very high...

Thanks, Kelley

Phineasmama

I really don't think there would be a big difference in SIP between the MyRide and a Blvd, even if the MR shell is a little deeper.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
You could add the Peg Perego PV convertible to you're list as it shares similarities with the other seats you've listed.

Phineasmama

I looooooovvvvvveeee my Peg convertible! It's way easier to load and unload her into the seat than the Blvd G3, but has really nice buckles and straps like a Britax. And more leg room.

I haven't ever owned a MyRide but I really hate the Graco buckles.

Syllieann

I don't think the bv/adv shell is any deeper than the mr but the wings are really deep, deeper than the mr shell, plus they are closer fitting. I'd probably go with adv if I was shopping specifically for si protection for outboard spot...presuming that after outgrowing rf height limit the child would graduate to another rf seat.

Kel

Yes,"If" she would ever need another RFing seat I would buy one. I really like to switch seats as I get tired of looking at the same seats all the time, lol. BUT she's only 3-5% for hight and smaller on weight to.

Thanks for responding, I'm going to look up some pictures of seats listed above with kids refacing in them.

Kelley

bnsnyde

Recaro is awesome.
Our kids are so tall we didn't go with the Pro-ride.

We got the Advocate and that's my favorite SIP seat. But there is not much leg room there either, so who knows. For us, they just cross the legs so it's no big deal. My daughter fit by height until well over 3.

But we DO have the Prosport and love it, once they start FF.

I like how the My Ride is deep (though it seems more so at the top so mostly for an older kid), but the the Advocate has so much metal structure and RF tether; I liked that.

Kel

Thanks everyone, I'm liking the advocate, I think. It's cushy, the anna cover is so pretty, and she's small so It will last a good while. But the My ride is a close second.

Hoping to find a good deal after Christmas!

Kelley

SwissMomma

The Britax carseats actually have some of the LEAST deep shells from all of my research. Peg Pereggo has a an extra inch of leg room (12" instead of 11"), the Radian seats have 13" and the Foonf as 12.5" As far as shell height, the Radian is 25" tall inside but you have to forward face at 1.5" below the top. Britax seats only have 23.5" shell height inside and you have to forward face 1" below the shell. The foonf is the tallest at 26" but I heard you have to forward face when you kid is 43" tall overall. Peg Perego is has an inside seat height of only 23.25 when the headrest is at the 7th level (highest allowed for rear facing) which gives a 22.25" height allowed inside. I haven't done any research on the Graco seats. Lastly the weight limits RF are 40lbs for Britax, 45lbs for Radian & Peg and 50lbs for the Foonf. Hope that helps. This document helped me so much... https://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC