Town and country 3 across help

dawnp15

Tomorrow we are buy a 2008 town and country, i need seat configuration help. Can i fit 2 ffing radians and a backless booster in the 3rd row. How can i find out how many TT anchors are in the vehicle?

ADS

Phineasmama

It's going to have one off center latch position in the third row, and only one tether anchor back there. It's not a great vehicle for more than 3 kids, and the seat belts are terrible for boosters, just warning you.

dawnp15

Thanks for the info! Well it may not be the best van for 3+ kids, but it's what we can afford right now :/ I think i can make it work with 1 ff seat and booster in the 3rd row, and 1 ffing seat, and 1 rfing seat in the captains chairs. Well i hope anyway....

Phineasmama

I would use a forward facing seat that performs well without the tether, but as far as the booster you're going to have VERY limited options. The only one I've heard of that *might* work in the 3rd row outboard is one of the Kiddy models (Kiddy World Plus or Cruiserfix Pro) which I currently have on the way. The belts are kind of far forward and in pretty much every high back booster they bunch up and don't retract. But if you use a low back the belt won't even be on their chest because it's so forward.

I've also heard the parkway SG kind of works in the middle, and maybe the Evenflo high backs.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
We had a 2003 caravan, so older body style and 4 kids. We were planning on having 5 in it until it started having issues. You can make it work.

I would do rf and a ff in the captains and a ff and booster in the 3rd row. Do you have one under 48# so you can use the latch in the 3rd row? I would put them back there to give your booster kid more buckling room. We had a sk monterey booster in our 3rd row outboard. It worked much better then our graco turbo back there.

dawnp15

We had a 2003 caravan, so older body style and 4 kids. We were planning on having 5 in it until it started having issues. You can make it work.

I would do rf and a ff in the captains and a ff and booster in the 3rd row. Do you have one under 48# so you can use the latch in the 3rd row? I would put them back there to give your booster kid more buckling room. We had a sk monterey booster in our 3rd row outboard. It worked much better then our graco turbo back there.

Yes my son is less than 48lbs, and i have a monterey and a turbo booster. So i will try the monterey first and see how that works for us. Thanks for the help!!

Phineasmama

Just FYI, I got my kiddy world plus today, and buckled it in (in booster mode) on the outboard passenger side with my FR85 installed off center latch right next to it and they fit next to each other! And the belt retracts fine in the KWP booster.

aept

Just FYI, I got my kiddy world plus today, and buckled it in (in booster mode) on the outboard passenger side with my FR85 installed off center latch right next to it and they fit next to each other! And the belt retracts fine in the KWP booster.

This is great to know, although I'm not sure I want to fork out for the Kiddy. I am hoping to try a Recaro Vivo outboard third row. I have heard that fits ok and the belt retracts ok there. I drive a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. Fortunately, I only have three kids, but am always looking to find ways to fit 2 in the third row so I can fold down a captains chair. Or to be able to bring along a friend!

I can confirm the Parkway booster works in the center of the third row but not outboard. The only way I would use one outboard is if I went back there and helped buckle in and then locked the belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Phineasmama

This is great to know, although I'm not sure I want to fork out for the Kiddy. I am hoping to try a Recaro Vivo outboard third row. I have heard that fits ok and the belt retracts ok there. I drive a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. Fortunately, I only have three kids, but am always looking to find ways to fit 2 in the third row so I can fold down a captains chair. Or to be able to bring along a friend!

I can confirm the Parkway booster works in the center of the third row but not outboard. The only way I would use one outboard is if I went back there and helped buckle in and then locked the belt.

I also drive a 2010 GC :)

The Cruiserfix Pro is a little cheaper than the kiddy. But I got both of them for under $150 shipped on an ebay open box seller thing.

aept

I also drive a 2010 GC :)

The Cruiserfix Pro is a little cheaper than the kiddy. But I got both of them for under $150 shipped on an ebay open box seller thing.

Nice! I wouldn't want the KWP, as I don't think I would ever really use the nifty shield with my kids (with their age/weight stats), but would consider the Cruiserfix for my oldest, for sure - at the right price ;)

Phineasmama

Yeah I wasn't sure whether to bid on the KWP, but I figured my 4 year old DS can use it for another 5 lbs, and then it's actually a taller booster than the cruiserfix pro. So for $130 shipped for a booster that actually works in my stupid van...it was an awesome deal!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC