Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Post count

Carseat Crazy

Post count

My post count never changes. Like in years. I can go to view my posts and they show there, but it's never connected to the count. What am I doing wrong? I'm almost exclusively operating from a mobile device if that's relevant.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Post count

Only upstairs posts count, community area posts don't.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Only posts in the "technical forums" (car-seat and safety related ones) count toward your post count. Community Member Coffee Break, Swap, etc. do not.

If you're posting in the technical fora, though, I have no explanation.

Are you only posting in the community forum? The posts don't count in those folders.

Carseat Crazy
    Good to know! I think it is mainly swap and CMCB. Will go check.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
    Only upstairs posts count, community area posts don't.
    This could be changed, at least on a trial basis, if there is overwhelming support for it.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    This could be changed, at least on a trial basis, if there is overwhelming support for it.
    I'm hemming and hawing on whether I would support this or not. I'd love to get into the senior community area sooner, but I don't want to lose the fact that this forum is supposed to be about helping parents find the right car seat for their kiddos. So likely on a trial basis to make sure we don't lose that, I'd be great with. (As I think about it while I type this post.)

Quinn (Sept '09) Riding in an Amp and Harmony Big Boost
    Sean (Aug '12) FFing in 2 RXT's

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Personally, I'd rather keep it as is. People who come here for our expertise deserve to know that the 978 post count (for instance) someone has is for participating in car seat related threads, not just for participating in whatever is the latest controversial thread.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

I don't think so. The way it is now encourages people to go help out in the car seat forums.
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

When I first came it was this way. And then it was changed and everyone's post count was reduced. And I prefer it this way.

Counting posts in the community area really doesn't mean much. Other than to have a higher number. LOL I guess it kinda indicates how active you are, but the number really isn't meaningful.

Having the post count reflect on your participation in the technical areas is much more important IMO. It doesn't mean you're brilliant or always right (although we all are ), but it shows you've been around for awhile and your answer has a higher likelihood of being reflective of how things are answered on the forum.
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 11-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

Quote Originally Posted by Keeanh View Post
    I don't think so. The way it is now encourages people to go help out in the car seat forums.
    I agree. I'd rather not see it change.

I like it how it is

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

It would be cool to see my other post count for like a day. Lol.
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    .... Counting posts in the community area really doesn't mean much. Other than to have a higher number. LOL I guess it kinda indicates how active you are, but the number really okay meaningful. Having the post count reflect on your participation in the technical areas is much more important IMO. It doesn't mean you're brilliant or always right (although we all are ), but it shows you've been around for awhile and your answer has a higher likelihood of being reflective of how things are answered on the forum.
    I think it is far, far better this way.
    -Angela

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by T4K View Post
    It would be cool to see my other post count for like a day. Lol.
    Yeah, it would be kinda cool to see it, lol. Too bad there isn't a way (or is there?) to have 2 different counts "official" from the upstairs, and "unofficial" including community. I can dream can't I?

Quinn (Sept '09) Riding in an Amp and Harmony Big Boost
    Sean (Aug '12) FFing in 2 RXT's

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    On a side note, I wanted to make my siggy shorter so I deleted everything but my name (Angela), but on the app it just says "angel" (which is totally not me LOL). On the desktop site it shows up as Angela.

Any idea what's going on? I've tried logging out and back in, re typing and entering it. Blah I'm not good with technology.
    -Angela

Senior Community Member thepote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeyamah View Post
    Yeah, it would be kinda cool to see it, lol. Too bad there isn't a way (or is there?) to have 2 different counts "official" from the upstairs, and "unofficial" including community. I can dream can't I?
    If you go look at how many threads you are subscribed to it's a rough estimate, keeping in mind things like multiple posts in one thread and subscribing to threads you don't participate in.

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

I agree, I like the post count the way it is.
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

Quote Originally Posted by thepote View Post
    If you go look at how many threads you are subscribed to it's a rough estimate, keeping in mind things like multiple posts in one thread and subscribing to threads you don't participate in.
    Only if you subscribe to threads you post in. That's a user customizable setting.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three