Infant seat for 3 across

xxluckychicxx

I started watching a 4 month old today :love:

He'll be here 4 days a week. I was planning on just using the parents' seat without the base, but its an old Cosco Eddie Bauer with 18 different after market products :rolleyes: I have to pick up DS at 2:45 every day. Some days I have a 2 year old as well, but he's FFing in mom's car and while not ideal, he rides in DD's Nauti (he's on the same slot she is :eek:). DD doesn't have to be picked up until after the 2 year old leaves is so it works.

I've got a Keyfit, but I really just don't love it :eek: And I haven't been able to get it to play well with the Nauti and DS's backless Turbo.

I know the Shuttles are narrow, what else? Or am I going to have to swap things around with DD's Nauti? It's kind of a beast in my little car.

Oh yeah, car is an '07 Accord. I need DS on the passenger side OB for school drop off.

ADS

kam1011

It's going to be tough with the nautilus in there. I used a shuttle for my three across back when an infant seat was in the mix. It's narrow, but still wasn't narrow enough to fit in my Malibu with a nautilus. I moved my nautiluses to my mom's car and upstairs as a spare and got a radian.

Does it have to be an infant seat? Maybe a MyRide in the center? The base is super skinny and it does puzzle well over a nautilus and a turbo... Not positive it would work, but just a thought.

xxluckychicxx

Yeah, the GN is going to have to go :thumbsdown:

I'm now thinking RN, Shuttle (maybe?), and a booster. What's a super narrow booster? I really don't want a Bubblebum as a daily rider, KWIM?

xxluckychicxx

I would prefer highback... He has been backless for a couple weeks now though. Since we've moved we barely drive anywhere and if we do its a mile or less. He's also a giant (50in, 54lbs) 6.5 years old.

So yeah, prefer highback, would do backless too though.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You might look at the Harmony Dreamtime or V6. Both are fairly cheap, fairly narrow. The V6 is even fairly tall- 20.5" or so top belt guide setting.

Other than that, the Parkway is pretty narrow as boosters go (but not necessarily as easy to buckle as the V6, which has a tapered back designed for buckling in a 3-across...)

The BubbleBum isn't one I'D like to buckle every day, but I've found it's easier to just teach the kids to do it up themselves. Little hands find it easier!

The Harmony Cruz/Carpooler and LiteRider are both fairly 3-across friendly (in different ways.)

kam1011

We have a v6 and really don't like it. The shoulder belt cuts into my kids' necks. I got it for my 6yo with the intention of my 4yo moving into it in grandma's car at some point. Neither of them fit great in it. They complain that it hurts.

momtoo3

A FF (or maybe RF) MyRide in the center for the 2 yr old with a infant seat on the drivers side (most likely without the base so it sits low enough to puzzle with the MR) and a booster for your ds on the pass side should work. You could then swap out the infant seat for your dd's GN when needed.

Dh has a 2010 Malibu and the back seat sucks for 3 across. I was able to get either HB Monterey/FF MR/Aton or Cosco HiRise (Ambassador)/FF MR/Aton a few weeks ago while my sister was visiting with my 3.5 mo old nephew. Out of the boosters we have that ds2, 7 yrs 57 pounds 51 inches fits in (Monterey,PWSG,Vivo), the Monterey is the easiest high back to buckle next to another seat because it is narrower at the back. The HiRise/Ambassador is super easy for the same reason. The MR fits over all the other seats so works in the middle for us. For when you need to swap out the infant seat for the GN, for us it worked next to the MR perfectly, like they were made to puzzle with each other when the MR is FF. Our usual set up is HiRise/FF MR/HB Monterey.

xxluckychicxx

That would work, but I never have DD and the 2 year old (DD is at preschool) together during the day. I wonder if DD would fit in a MR though... I wonder if I could do MR/booster/bucket...

momtoo3

If you need the booster on the side for ds I would try booster/MR/bucket. IF it helps for fit in the MR, ds3 is 4yrs 2.5 months 33 pounds and 39 1/2-40 inches. He is just about to need the top slots (even with the slots below the top.) I believe the top slots are 17 inches. You could always use the MR for the baby once the bucket is outgrown and reevaluate what to use for your dd and the 2 yr old then.

clmchrissy

I would prefer highback... He has been backless for a couple weeks now though. Since we've moved we barely drive anywhere and if we do its a mile or less. He's also a giant (50in, 54lbs) 6.5 years old.

So yeah, prefer highback, would do backless too though.

When I had to do a similar 3 across in my 06 Accord (same body style) I found that a FF Radian in the center with a hbb Turbbooster (regular one) worked well. I then used my Keyfit with or without the base.

I also found the maestro ob a rf coccoro center worked great & left room for most of the narrower boosters.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC