My new seats

lpperry

I finally decided on RXT in Spring and Daytona. I love them!

dy9noo.jpg

14udwxt.jpg

21bkuc7.jpg

I have the crotch strap in the furthest out position. Should I move the crotch strap closer for Oliver?
157tcp.jpg

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
So pretty!!! What vehicle is that? Holy room between the seats!

And yeah I would move it inward one slot for Oliver, especially since those harness slots look right at his shoulders, if he slouches into that buckle they're going to be too high on him.

Phineasmama

Do you have a kid riding in the CCO in the middle all the time? Isn't it hard to get them in and out of the seat?? I always wanted to put the CCO in the middle of my CRV but couldn't imagine hauling the baby in and out of the middle!

lpperry

That's awesome! How's the 8th seat for installation, pretty easy?

The 8th seat has been great for carseats! I had a rf Evenflo Triumph Advance and a MyRide there. They were super easy to install. The CCO is ok to install, but I had to use a noodle. The CCO goes in super easy outboard. The Radian installed well rf with AA.

lpperry

Do you have a kid riding in the CCO in the middle all the time? Isn't it hard to get them in and out of the seat?? I always wanted to put the CCO in the middle of my CRV but couldn't imagine hauling the baby in and out of the middle!

I used to have the Radian and CCO outboard and a MyRide center. The Myride center was nice because it was higher up. Claudia rode in that. I had to lift her over sometimes because if she climbed over the CCO, it would mess up the install.

I recently decided to put the baby in the middle because the 3 and 2 year old keep bugging each other. It hasn't been too bad with the baby in the middle. I am short and I just step up into the van, lean over a radian, and put the baby in and buckle.

cats2

Pixels

Here is what I was told when I contacted Diono:
Hello:

Thank you for your email. For a proper installation, always follow the picture for proper position. For a rear facing installation it really doesn't matter. For forward facing, the positioning does. The weight is general suggestion but I would follow the pictures in the manual on how the center buckle should be.

Thank you-
To clarify, the text of the manual is incorrect? It is very clear that the outer slot must be used for all children over 30 pounds, but you are saying I should disregard that and instead that strap position doesn't matter for rear facing, and must be at or under the child for forward facing.
Thank you for the follow-up question.

Per our engineers, the manual is correctly written and meant for the forward facing position. Albeit, not very clear, it is okay to use the buckle slot that best fits your child in the rear facing mode. As you can see from the pictures, the Radian is in the forward facing position on page 37. Buckle position is important in a forward facing position due to forward pelvic movement of a child in a frontal crash. During rear facing crash test, there is no safety concern because of the way a child moves during a frontal crash. It is much different than forward facing. If you need further explanation, our CPS Advocate is more than happy to speak with you. She can be reached at 1-855-463-4666 ext 252.

Thank you-

Take from that what you will. I encourage you to contact them yourself to see what they say.

Mercuria

Which is basically opposite of what I was told. :/

Not really. They said pretty much the same thing, while saying that there's nothing wrong with the manual. They just said that the manual was correct, but is talking about FF only. Obfuscating the answer with CYA-ness.

IIRC, the manual actually says that the crotch strap should not angle sharply back while RFing, and coming from slightly under the child is okay.

Pixels

Not really. They said pretty much the same thing, while saying that there's nothing wrong with the manual. They just said that the manual was correct, but is talking about FF only. Obfuscating the answer with CYA-ness.

IIRC, the manual actually says that the crotch strap should not angle sharply back while RFing, and coming from slightly under the child is okay.

No, they told me to go by the diagrams only, ignoring the 30 pound rule. They told you to go by the 30 pound rule, ignoring the diagrams.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC