Soft Structured Carriers....Help! (moved from Carseats Shopping)

Chila88

I've been reading old threads on here, but am so confused. I want to ask for a carrier for Christmas, so need to decide right away, but cannot make up my mind. For those of you that use them....what is your fav and why? I'm leaning toward the Boba...only based on all the good reviews. But would also consider a Beco, or Ergo or ??? And then within each brand there are all the different models and generations and its so confusing!!! Help!

I am 5'10". I own a Bjorn (that I don't use) and bought a Sleepy Wrap last baby which I LOVE, but I want something that will work with an older baby, as my new little man will be 6-10 mos old during prime babywearing season here, and my last DD was getting a bit unsupported in the wrap by then.

And finally....any good deals out there right now?

ADS

MoreLatte

I have both the Ergo and Boba and like both. My DD is 2 and lately I've been using the Boba because it comes up a little higher on her back for a little more support. I would recommend either of them.

I borrowed a Becco once and wasn't crazy about it, it just seemed smaller and had a panel that got in the way/added bulk I didn't like.

I'm really no help on the different versions of each:( I think my Boba is a G2- pretty simple and easy to use.

MommyShannon

I like my ergo best. I also have a Beco Butterfly II. Both are great though. Ergos don't vary much. The sport and performance ones are different fabric and little different form, but overall the same. I like the original/organic best.

attachedmama

Love my Ergo! Have worn my 2 year old in it since birth, and I'm 5 months pregnant. I bought a second one on NBD for $50. Not familiar with the others you mention, but you'll want to look for those that allow baby to be in a seated position, not dangling by their crotch- it's bad for spine and hips. Good luck!

stephpook

I've never used a Boba or an Ergo but did purchase a Snugli Seated Carrier over the summer for $45 (retails between $40 and $80 I think depending on pattern) that, according to some of the reviews I read, is similar to an Ergo. I don't baby wear on a regular basis, so I don't know how it would work for everyday use, but it did come in handy at Disney World over the summer. I was even able to carry my 32-pound now 4-year old on my back for short periods of time.

NVMBR02

I didn't care for the Ergo. It just didn't fit me right and I always felt DS was going to fall out when he would lean backwards which he did often!

I liked my Beco Butterfly II, It was the first carrier I was comfortable doing a back carry with. The Beco Gemini was okay, but not my favorite.

I really liked my Boba G2. It fit well, easy to adjust and had a lot of support for dd, even when she was 2-3.

newyorkDOC

Well I'm short and petite so totally different frame of reference but I hated the beco butterfly bc of the way the buckles close. It's impossible to adjust once on and definitely not easy to share IMO.

I use a pikkolo which is more like a MT bc there's no structured waist.

I'd like to try a pognae next.

Chila88

Thanks everyone....its mind boggling how many carriers there are out there!!! I think I'm still leaning toward a Boba, just searching for a good deal!

EmmasMom

I got the Boba 3G first and loved it! Recently I got the Ergo and I'm not thrilled with it. It is okay, but I like the Boba better.

I think the Boba is more comfortable and easier to use.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
My favorite is the BabyHawk. I have a ToddlerHawk that I love. I tried the Ergo, and it just didn't feel right with a larger toddler. I think I tried a Becco at the same meeting.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC