Vent Officially DONE/HATE the nautilus!!

Laurelz

Update 12-13-12: So NHTSA contacted me. They want to buy the seat from me for research and testing on the new buckle. I am to send it to them with a shipping label they are sending me and a purchase agreement.

Anyone done this?

Original post:
It's -1 outside and I can't get my son out if his carseat!!!! I've had it!

Last edited:
ADS

Ozella21

I just had the buckle get stuck on my sons MYride65, called graco and they are sending me a new buckle but they are back ordered. Is this a common problem on all Graco seats? My seats are both less than a year old.

Mags462

I just had the buckle get stuck on my sons MYride65, called graco and they are sending me a new buckle but they are back ordered. Is this a common problem on all Graco seats? My seats are both less than a year old.

It seems to be a common problem with the new buckles.... I have a Nauti with the old style buckle and have never had an issue.

Sorry OP.... i would be frustrated too! :(

Laurelz

Seems to be, yes. My nautilus is less than a year old too and I've never been a big fan (it's my "eh it's ok" seat) but now I HATE IT! I'm switching it out tomorrow with one of my Frontiers. This happens at least 1x a day with this seat. It was so stuck that my husband and his friend couldn't even squeeze it enough to open it and they were basically on top of my son trying to push it without any luck. My husband was about ready to cut the straps.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That is so scary. I'm very sorry.

I've never had any issues with my new buckle on my Nautilus, but I know many people who have. Report it.

Laurelz

Filed my complaint! Emailed Graco a nice letter! ...and the seat is now in my closet! My trusty Frontier is out and my car is full of Britax now. ;)

mommyfrog

I've had problems with my old style Nautilus buckle (and my SafeSeat, years ago) sticking, but not so bad that I couldn't eventually get it undone. That's terrible.

tracee877

I got so fed up with ours I finally sold it and got another FR85. AND I had both the new and old style buckles, they both suck. I'm done with Graco unless they change their buckles.

Laurelz

I got so fed up with ours I finally sold it and got another FR85. AND I had both the new and old style buckles, they both suck. I'm done with Graco unless they change their buckles.

I'm with you! I had an infant seat for this kid when he was an infant and he hated it!!! Screamed and screamed! I'm starting to think he and graco just aren't meant to be. ;)

Phineasmama

I kinda wanted one because there is a really cute girly print that I like, but I tried my DD in it at Target and she couldn't buckle herself at all, even though she's been able to do it in other seats for like 2 years!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC