5 month old on 3rd slots of CCO! (pics)

KaiLing

Is it a new record? Do I win the parent-of-largest-child tiara? Will Clek sponsor me?

IMG_3843.JPG
sideways, but cute. Some day I'll learn to rotate photos.

IMG_3842.JPG
I'm pretty certain the straps are just a tinge below the shoulders, but I'm going to keep an eye on him (he's been riding in a Radian, too).

IMG_3846.JPG
The tape container is more than 1" thick. I think we'll make it to 8 months?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Um. OMG.

He's five months?

Yeah, he's the size of my 14-month-old, who himself has, like, a 24-month torso.

You poor thing. It's going to be hard keeping him in seats.

KaiLing

Um. OMG.

He's five months?

Yeah, he's the size of my 14-month-old, who himself has, like, a 24-month torso.

You poor thing. It's going to be hard keeping him in seats.

I'm relatively certain he's 5 months (though the details of that whole giving-birth-thing are somewhat fuzzy). I *think* he's a tinge larger than his brother was... but who knows. I have a monster torso myself. The 24 month shirts are riding up (on him, not me... I only wear maternity shirts to cover my bum). His brother's even with the top slots of the radian and coming up on his 4th birthday.

Clek! Send me a Foonf! I've inadvertently sold like 4 radians and at least one frontier with my older kid when people come asking about the biggest seat! Just sayin'!

Stelvis

Yeah, wow, I complain about my kids' torsoes but I've got nothing to complain about. My 14 month old is also in 24 month tops.

KaiLing

How much does he weigh? My 5 month old is 20 lbs in 18 month clothing. And I thought he was big!

He was 24+ lbs a few weeks ago clothed, so I think 24 lbs. No idea on height... he was over 28" a month ago, but I swear it's all about how hard you stretch them. I should admit that we're giant cheap-o cotton diaper people, so his torso's even taller because of that (I'm saving money on diapers and putting it into car seats, clearly).

finn

At least you have a Multi Tech for him to grow into right, at this rate he'll need it in a month or so :D

MorgieBear'sMama

Holy big baby! He's about the same size as my 2 year old runt, Colton. I don't have a cco, but he fits nicely in a 12-18 months onesie.

jacqui276

I think he might even be a smidge bigger than my mammoth sized baby! DS hit 24lbs (naked) and 28" tall at 6 months old. He's 9 months now and wears size 2 tops... just grew out of the 24 month shirts fairly recently. I've never tried him in a cco, but he's been above the 3rd slot in his radian for awhile.

cmcki737

That is crazy he fits in his CCO the exact way my 17 month old does! My kids are peanuts though as my 3 year old can still RF in her CCO :)

Phineasmama

I have a mammoth 15 month old, she grew VERY rapidly but is now finally slowing down. I THINK. I hope lol.

But even she still fits in the CCO, although barely!

krfogle88

Such a cutie! He will defintely need a new seat soon. My almost 10 month old peanut is just above the first slot. She weighs 16 lbs even and is roughly 28 inches.

TXmom2

Wow..he is big and totally adorable :love:

He's so much bigger than my DD in my sig pic below (stats are there too)

Last edited:

Shaunam

Adrian was big like that. He did eventually even out! He's almost 8 now and about 65% for both height and weight and his pant size matches his shirt size. When he was 5 months he was wearing 24 month rompers because of his massive torso. At 18 months he was in 4T shirts and 2T pants, and if I remember correctly I had to roll them up (he was too fat for smaller pants lol). He was on the third slots of the regent before age 2.

Keeanh

Holy giant torso! I have short-torsoed kids. Here's Rebekah at 2yo:

536861_288531034567482_954185341_n.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC