2 radians on a luggage cart

legaleagle

We'll be traveling with my then 4.5, 2.75, & 9 month old in a few months. We don't travel that frequently and my kids are super tall so I don't want to get a travel only seat. I was planning on bringing our 2 xtsl for the older ones and the baby's cco (I have the travel bag so very easy shoulder carry or hang on stroller). We'll also have 2 single umbrella strollers and a couple not too large carryons. A couple questions on details:

Is it reasonable to stack both radians on one folding cart?

Should they be folded or should the 2nd seat be stacked upside down on top of the first?

Can I have them hand scanned at security on the cart or do I need to disassemble the whole shebang?

Will any bungee cords work or is there something in particular feature wise that I should look for?

I'm planning on springing for one of the remin kart-a-bag carts since I like stuff I buy to last basically forever and my DH is 6'3" so need a tall handle - should I go ahead and get the 150lb rated model or is the 100 lb model ok?

TIA!

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I did it like this - one has head wings, one does not. They fit together nicely. The black bungie cords came with the cart (a cheapo $15 one from Walmart that's about 4 years old, been on lots of flights, and is still trucking), and the green one is an extra. It was very stable.

Pic in this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=235593

legaleagle

Thanks, that's perfect, and perfect for proving to DH that this very doable. Both of mine have the wings, so hopefully it will still nestle together well, I don't want to pull it out from one of the cars before I need it since the install is a PITA there. Did you have any issues pulling it down the aisle of the plane? Our seats are in the way back and I would love to be able to keep them on the cart for that.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
None at all, just rolled right down. I do have to make sure they're perfectly centered though in order to do it. I think two wings would be fine, although you might have to slide them up or down to make them fit a bit better.

Re going through security - the most recent time I flew, in October, there was a 'new procedure' for not taking the seats off the cart. They just wanded them and swabbed them. Same for strollers apparently.

Tell DH that I did that myself with a 2 and 4 year old on two flights. With the two of you it can absolutely be done! And a sturdier cart might even take the CCO on top and free up your back for baby wearing or carting of the misc detritus that children always seem to require.

You might want to have a few different lengths of bungees on hand for when you pack this up to see what works best. Mine was fairly short, but a really long one would do as well. I find it annoying to not have the right length and then the seats aren't as secure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC