CCO questions: harness height RFing

KaiLing

Hey Coccoro-istas! What do you do about the cover not matching up with the shell when deciding to move up the harness? The cover holes are waaaay above the ones in the shell. Combine that with the weird kid thing where you think they're one height when you put them in but then they're totally different later, and I'm just not sure if we need to move up.

And I assume the last slot is usually not possible RFing, but is the second to last slot also rarely used RFing? Or would that mean a kid with a giant head?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Stick your finger through the slot and feel where the slot in the SHELL is in relation to their shoulders. The slots on the cover really don't matter. (I mean, they should still correspond, but it's the ones in the shell that are important.)

My son is on the second-to-last slots now and has about an inch before he maxes out the seat. I don't believe the top slots would ever be usable RF.

KaiLing

Thanks Jennie! I think I'm going to move him up to the second to last slots. At the tender age of 5 months. Think I'll set a new CCO outgrowing record? Are there prizes for that?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
KaiLing said:
Thanks Jennie! I think I'm going to move him up to the second to last slots. At the tender age of 5 months. Think I'll set a new CCO outgrowing record? Are there prizes for that?

:jaw: He's only 5 months??? Be very sure you're measuring correctly. And if you are, we need photos! That will likely be a record.

thtr4me

I knew a baby about the size of your Little C at the same age. He was huge, but so chunky and squishy and adorable! I agree, pics are a must!

KaiLing

Yup, we're the biggest. I really think he's above the second to last slots on the shell, but I'll take something flat out there to figure it out tomorrow. He's been crunching forward which makes everything in the car harder. His brother's working on outgrowing the FF radian before his 4th birthday... we're the biggest. It's my only claim to fame. I will certainly post photos.

KaiLing

Infant insert came out loooong ago (it really didn't fit on the way home from the hospital)... We're seriously blue ribbon at the state fair big (husband's 6'9"). I'll get pics. I like an excuse to show off my giant boys.

ETA: You know, I might have mis-routed it into the wrong cover slots, which would be embarassing, but it's possible.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC