Spin off to crazy things we've seen, the " I would want to get hit in the head with that!" thread

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
What are some of the worst projectiles you've seen? Me, I've seen:

A steak knife

an ax

toolboxes and assorted tools

Other passengers

a bowling ball (I had just finished telling the dad my stock one liner that a box of kleenex going 60 mph weighs 8 lbs, which is the same as a bowling ball, dad replies, I guess I should ditch this bowling ball then too, huh?)

and...

a Smith & Wesson 357 semi automatic with a ladies grip ( you would think a COP would know better, wouldn't you?)

Kimberly

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
hmmm the only thing i can think of right now was a 1 gallon bottle of anti-freeze?

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Fishing rods (aimed DIRECTLY at where the baby-to-be's head would be). First time dad, he didn't know better :rolleyes:

CRS

Senior Community Member
oh wait no, that's right - I've seen a "weed wacker" I'm not sure what you guys call them?
One of these:
KawasakiTrimmerLarge.jpg

Right next to a kids head.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Dare I even say it? My kids went with grandma camping and that involves a several hour trip in a 1991 ford explorer with no headrests... Bitsy had to sit in the middle in the lapbelt (much to her protestation!) and said she had to sit there because of 'some big stick' (I don't want to know)... then Kar tells me, "And the worst person of all in that car was David in the back playing the Ukulele!" (200 pounds of teenage cousin on top of a load of camping luggage). I'm so glad everyone made it home alive... :( (If my dh does well at his job this year, I might spring for a 7 passenger explorer of a newer vintage....:whistle: it's the least I can do for everyone who has to ride in that desparately horrible old car).

I've never seen any really exciting projectiles, though, in just the average car, that I can recall (tissue boxes? I suspect those people are in a weird cult and are signalling to each other, since you clearly can't grab a tissue on your package shelf if you need it while driving...)

southpawboston

wow, i think i've had just about every one of those projectiles in my car at some point in my life (well, exept for the smith & wesson or the ukulele ;) ).

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
A stroller, a tricycle, a box of pamphlets/paperwork, a box of toys, a half dozen slings, a few random food wrappers, empty cans/bottles, etc, ...Oh WAIT! That's what's in my van right now!
LOL

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The full sized snow shovel my dad likes to stow in the back of his station wagon during the winter months is one of the worst examples I can recall off the top of my head. Or the rototiller I transported for my dad from the garden store in my van.

Morganthe

I've never seen any really exciting projectiles, though, in just the average car, that I can recall (tissue boxes? I suspect those people are in a weird cult and are signalling to each other, since you clearly can't grab a tissue on your package shelf if you need it while driving...)

Actually, I think those tissue people are signalling to those who allow their dogs, cats, and books to sit up on the back shelf. (Waving the white flag? :p)
At least the tissue box is lightweight compared to Fluffy the Fat Maltese lounging up there. :whistle:

skaterbabs

I hate riding with Cam because I never know what I'll find in his backseat. Those spools of AV wiring are HEAVY!

When I rolled my van I got hit in the shoulder with a 13" tv set; there was a small tool bench in the back of the van.:whistle:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Actually, I think those tissue people are signalling to those who allow their dogs, cats, and books to sit up on the back shelf. (Waving the white flag? :p)
At least the tissue box is lightweight compared to Fluffy the Fat Maltese lounging up there. :whistle:
Well with any luck, the Fluffy Maltese will tumble around the car and attract all the tissues and empty the bowling ball sized boxes of tissue. Ya know, the same way static electricity helps you find all the tissues that the kiddos send to the wash in the pocket of their jeans:D

Kimberly

skaterbabs

Yep! My car generally has the Volo, my purse and a handful of water bottles, but I do make an effort to limit projectiles whenever possible.

Morganthe

I hate riding with Cam because I never know what I'll find in his backseat. Those spools of AV wiring are HEAVY!

When I rolled my van I got hit in the shoulder with a 13" tv set; there was a small tool bench in the back of the van.:whistle:

Oh, you just reminded me of my dh's car a week ago. He had an SCA demo for a kids' camp, so all his gear was in the car for a while afterwards.

I had to take out the Maxi-Cosi and replace the Radian into his car. I was so annoyed because laying across the rear footwells, I was stepping on about 12 live steel swords! :eek:

You try tightening down a seat balancing around on those things in 90+ degree weather. :rolleyes: Yeah, I could have taken them out, but I'd have to remove the spools of duct tape, wire, and everything else that was piled upon them on the different points in the car. :mad:

I definitely reminded him to take his 'toys' out before dd got to ride with daddy again. :doh:

beeman

Wow, my truck sounds good now. A kleenex box, 400w power inverter (ie: a brick with a wire), cans of coke, etc. We won't even go into whats behind the seat or in the box :eek: .

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC