S/O Diono giveaway: which one?

jess71903

Ambassador
I never win contests, but I've been thinking about the Diono one a bit. If you had my kids, and my seats and my cars, what would you choose?

DS is 5 years 3 month. Not yet booster ready
DD is 2 years almost 11 months. RF but will probably be turned before the summer.

We have a TF, TFP (DD's seats mainly), ProSport, and a Regent (which I would love to get rid of).

Do I get yet another convertible that I could use now for either kid, or do I get a booster that DS could begin to use over the next year. We don't have any boosters at the moment, except for the Harmony Literider that is used as a table booster :p.

ADS

Jessica61624

I'd opt for the rxt and hope someone would do a partial trade plus pp for a booster.

I think its weird you get to choose your seat but not the color.

jess71903

Ambassador
That's what I can't get over about it. The RXT is definitely worth more than the Monterey. I don't think I'd buy a Monterey if it weren't given to me. Hm. I'd have to try it, but maybe I could get the RXT, and get rid of the Regent for DH's car.

christineka

I was just thinking about this today. I don't need any radians, so the monterey might be a good choice, except I don't need any high back boosters either, so then I decided that if I won, I'd get a radian and give to charity. Or to a friend or relative. Course, I may change my mind if I actually won. It's a lot easier to be charitable before you actually win.

Anyway, for your situation, I think I'd pick the monterey for future boostering.

amyd

I'd get the RXT. I am entirely underwhelmed by the Monterey. The RXT is more versatile and you could use it for a while and then FSOT for a much higher value.

agave

I could get a radian but it would be pointless if I didn't get cobalt because Emma wouldn't sit in a new seat if it wasn't blue. A Monterey might be useful this summer.

Phineasmama

I actually really like the Monterey :confused: Mine has the crappo belt guide but I'm sure the new ones they're giving away don't. And they're sending me a new belt guide. Other than that I really like it.

babyherder

I'd get the rxt. It can be used with a wider age range and fits in small places. It will allow you to rf your kids if you ever want (even if its just for an occasional 3 across or other tight fit situation).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC