Local News doing Car Seat Story

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I just heard a blurb that one of our local stations will be doing a story about carseats. From what I heard/saw, I think it will be about expiration dates.

They showed a label on the back of a seat and were pointing to something--I would assume the date.

I'll come back with a link to the story as soon as I find it....although it probably won't be up until after the news...and the story will be at the end of the news.

Susan

ADS

MySillyKids

Alot of places (stations) are doing this now. Its like its the new and upcoming news, that they expire. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see what it says! ;)

cpsaddict

They had a story on our noon news here. It was good, except for they said most seats expire in 7 years, as their was a clip of a guy showing where the date would be on a couture MA. :rolleyes:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I haven't found a link to the story yet. It was the same story that Jacky described--but I think we're both in MD so it makes sense that it's the same story. It was channel 11 in Baltimore that ran the story in the Consumer Alert.

It would have been better if they showed the clip of the expired Britax. It would have hit more parents that their kid could be ejected.

Oh and the guy in the clip was a CPST.

Susan

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
judging by the pic they show---i have dial up and it takes video a LOOOONG time to load....it's the same video.

Pardon my run-on and lack of appropriate caps.

Susan

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
It was on our news here too. Although they did not say anything about careats expiring in 7 years. They said car seats expire after so many years and it differs with each manufacture. I am looking for the link.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC