Question Britax Advocate 70 CS vs. G3

B

Beep

Guys, I need someone to dumb it down for me. We may be getting a Britax Advocate 70 CS for free. Brand new. (Totally legit.) I discussed it with some other folks and they said not to pass up a free, good car seat, but that the CS wouldn't be their top choice. They suggested I try to sell/swap it somewhere and get the G3. Is it worth it to go through the trouble? Just simple, straightforward answers--pretty please! Specifically what are the advantages/disadvantages? Or should we just get the CS and stick with it? We have a Chicco Keyfit 22 now and LO is going to be too heavy to carry around in the carrier soon, so it's about to lose its appeal.

Also, does anyone know if we will encounter any problems with installation in a 2010 Honda Civic sedan?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The only differences between the Advocate 70 CS and the G3 version is that the G3 has SafeCell HUGS, a slightly different tether (which doesn't matter in how it's used or how it works), and a crotch strap that stays out of the way. That's it. There's nothing major between the seats that's different.

No, I wouldn't spend the money on an Advocate, but one for free? Why not? Take it and run. :)

It should go in very well in the Civic, especially in the middle. Just remember that you can't use LATCH in the center of that car.

Wendy

Kel

There's always something new out. I wouldn't go through the trouble of switching them, not worth it for a few little things.

Take the free one and enjoy!!!!

Kelley

Wreckgoddess

Take it and run. I love mine! (I have 3 lol)
Wendy pretty much called it on the differences. Just the HUGS pads, and in the G3 the crotch strap stays out of the way better.
Yes, I have to dig the crotch strap out from under my son everytime.. but its a minor inconvenience.

My son is 3 years and 3 months old and still fits happily rearfacing in his Advocates-we have one in every car. It has been a great seat to us.

akcowgirl

I love my CS!!! I have used my best friends G3 and actually prefer my CS over her G3. I don't like the new hugs pads AT All.

bnsnyde

OK, so I LOVE the Advocate.

I have nothing bad to say. Well worth it, in my opinion. We have the 70-CS and that's all I am familiar with.

I did see one in a car the other day, in the middle seat, and I thought, "Now there is a carseat safety person!"

And then...the woman proceeded to load a small baby into it forward-facing!

But anyway, we've loved our seat and will use it again soon. I use the Orbit Toddler now only because I'm pregnant and need it to rotate due to my back issues.

Stelvis

For that matter, I think you could call Britax and buy the new crotch strap for your 70 CS if that was important to you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC