Radian Carry Straps?

gwenvet

Does anyone know where to find them? When I google them I come with lots of Radians. Elite Car Seats has them backordered.:( I think I want two so that I can wear it like a backpack if I want to. Thanks!

ADS

sfeitler

What I want to know is, are these glorified luggage straps? I have straps from defunct duffle bags hanging around, I'd use them instead of buying a set, if they'll work.

-Sarah, getting a Radian Wednesday

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Target has them ans Sunshine Kids has them.

I'd also love to know if luggage straps will work. I have a bunch of them.

Playing both ends toward the middle here,

A. I imagine luggage straps would work just fine if they are pretty well padded.

B. I would still buy the SK ones. If they break, and your very expensive car seat goes splat, you can probably get SK to replace it if you are using their straps, but propbably not if you are using any old randon straps.

Kimberly

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I wanted to get one too, but for the life of me I can't figure out where it would hook to. Am I missing something?! I have one of the first Radians made so maybe you couldn't use straps then?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Does your Radian have two small black fabric loops (similar to harness fabric) on the outside of the shell? That's where the carry strap would clip on. I know there are loops on the same side as the DOM label on our Radian 65 (DOM 10/06), and there might be another set on the other side, too. I just can't take a look right now to see if the loops are on both sides. :)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Nope, no loops so I guess it's something they added to the original design (I think our seat is 11/05). I guess that means I'm getting the carry bag, lol. I need to get on that if I want it before our trip!

bbartlettnfld

I used a luggage strap, off a defunct lap-top bag. It worked just fine... Though I didn't do much carrying of it..It is very heavy.. I carried it until I could throw it into the stroller or onto a luggage cart.
BethAnn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC