Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Recs for scooter for 4yr old

Quote Originally Posted by keri1292 View Post
    Good choice. We had the 3 wheeled Razors and they were a waste of money. Your average 3-4yo should be able to pick up a scooter and figure out in a day or two.
    We had a 3 wheeled razor too and it was awful. Hard to steer and sloooow. We have Maxi kicks and a Mini Kick now and they aren't anything like the razor (other than having 3 wheels) They are as fast as the 2 wheeled razors and really fun.
    Becky

Ally 11 in a Harmony Cruz
    Riley 9 in a Chicco Strada
    Sam 6 FF in a Nautilus

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I think the thing that makes the difference between the good and bad 3 wheel scooters are the wheel placements. The ones that are nice seem to have 2 wheels in the front and 1 in the back instead of the other way around. And the deck of the scooter seems lower to the ground on the nice ones too.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Carseat Crazy

would you get the maxi or mini kick for a 3.5 year old. I was thinking of getting a maxi kick for the 3.5 year old and the 3 in 1 mini for my 20 month old. I know if I get a scooter for the older one, the little one will want one too, especially by tetime summer comes around and she will be over 2.

CPS Fanatic
    I have both kicks...I would buy one maxi and one mini for your two kids

Quote Originally Posted by gigi View Post
    I have both kicks...I would buy one maxi and one mini for your two kids

DD- Oct 2007

Carseat Crazy

thanks for the recommendations. I gota maxi and micro today fron amazon. very cool. I think my kid willlove them. I let my 20 m9nth old try it outwhile the bigger one was at school. she loved it and didnt want me to put it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Janina View Post
    thanks for the recommendations. I gota maxi and micro today fron amazon. very cool. I think my kid willlove them. I let my 20 m9nth old try it outwhile the bigger one was at school. she loved it and didnt want me to put it away.
    Good choices!! Your kids are going to LOVE them!!
    DD- Oct 2007