What seat would you pick if....

Kel

your little one was really tiny? My 8mo old is 40% for weight and only 3% for height, lol!

I'm just wondering what would be your top choice (or two} if your LO was this tiny? If there was no budget and you had plans for more babies to pass the seat down too.

She has CCO's in both vans, and we love them! But...I'm toying with the ideas of more seats to play with...

Also, if you've had littles this little, lol, what was your favorite seat you used for them?

Thanks a bunch, Kelley

ADS

Stelvis

Short kids? Britax convertibles for sure. They're super nice and comfy and easy to install. Just too dang short for tall kids. The world is your oyster, really.

bubbaray

I wouldn't choose anything until the CCOs are outgrown. If at that point the seat selection is the same as now, I'd choose a Britax convertible because they are easy to install, easy to use, etc

jjordan

Short kids? Britax convertibles for sure. They're super nice and comfy and easy to install. Just too dang short for tall kids. The world is your oyster, really.

I wouldn't choose anything until the CCOs are outgrown. If at that point the seat selection is the same as now, I'd choose a Britax convertible because they are easy to install, easy to use, etc

:yeahthat: to both of these! :)

MoreLatte

I agree with the others on the Britax convertibles. I loved my classic Roundabout 40 way more than the CCO. Of course it's discontinued but I was able to snatch up a 2010 model before they were all gone. Just was not a fan of the CCO.

IIRC, the Classic MA/RA 50 took a little while for my peanut to fit into, the bottom slots were a little too high until she was around 10 mos I think. The new gen Britax would probably be my choice.

mevs mom

I would wait until she outgrows the CCO and then assess the market for cool new seats. With that said the chicco convertible seat looks nice and I'm drooling to try it.

Phineasmama

I just got a Peg Perego convertible the other day and I'm really liking it so far :) I'm amazed because it takes up significantly less front to back room than my Britax convertible! But I love the Britax too and would definitely use that too.

NVMBR02

I moved my tiny kid from a coccoro to a blvd70. I loved the coccoro but she needed a tad more leg room (she was almost 3 at that though point). I have been very happy with the blvd though and she has a ton of growing room.

We also had a Radian XTSL for awhile, but really for her it was overkill. I dislked installing it in Dh's car. For now our extra seat for her is a MyRide, which I am also really happy with.

Kel

Thanks ladies!
I think I might try her in a BLVD, I really like the Caitlin cover. I also love the Anna cover on the Advocate. I wont take her out of the CCO's yet, she looks to cute in them, lol!! But, I like the idea of using a blvd, with the no rethread harness, in the 2nd van RFing. That way I could take DS or DD in It sometimes with out rethreading.

My 2yr old DS#4 Is in RXT And its great, but I believe it would be over kill for her. Although it installs in like 2mins in my van.

Just thinking something with fun covers would be nice.

Thanks Again, Kelley

Oh, and how long could a tiny one RF in a Britax? {I ask this knowing I would want to switch up seats again later anyway , lol}

Kel

And also, how does the Britax take up less room than the CCO?? I thought there would be a big difference?

Kelley

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Phineasmama said:
I just got a Peg Perego convertible the other day and I'm really liking it so far :) I'm amazed because it takes up significantly less front to back room than my Britax convertible! But I love the Britax too and would definitely use that too.

I thought you were crazy for a second until I remembered you were in the USA and don't have the ARB on the Peg! Takes up more room than my Britax did with that. But also gives more leg room and more room to my ribs sitting beside it. ;)

ETA: and the harness is even easier to use than Britax harnesses. And it's as easy to install.

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

christineka

I have some major radian love. My little kids fit forever and they're comfy too! I like the sleek trimness of the radian, when rear and forward-facing. I like the head support it gives my skinny kids (I have 80s.) I like how one seat can last my kids all the way till well past booster age. I also really like the safe stop. It makes me feel better about forward-facing before 40 pounds.

gigi

And also, how does the Britax take up less room than the CCO?? I thought there would be a big difference?

Kelley

It probably doesn't in all cars. I installed it as upright as allowed, whereas the Coccoro I used according to the level line. The downside is because of the shape on my backseat, the Boulevard also gives very slightly less leg room.

For my short kids, I use myrides instead of radians. My 2 y.o. has LOADS of room to grow in his myride--he's always been under the 10th percentile for height.
Myrides have always been super easy for me to install, and I like that they are cheaper than a lot of seats. If I don't have to spend $200+ on a carseat, I won't.

MommaMia

DD1 is 35 months and might be 5% for height. She rides RFing in Britax or Radian depending on car. I prefer low profile of the radian for ease of getting her on / out of the seat. Though she has no complaints about the Britax seats. I'm estimating if she continues on her current growth pattern, we will definitely make it to 4 RFing in the Britax.

lpperry

I would get whatever seat is your favorite!

Even though your child is tiny, think about how long you want to rearface.
My kids are tiny as well--similar to your baby at that age. I didn't think that I needed a 40 pound rearfacing seat because I originally only planned on rf until 3 years old. I was correct--my 3 year old was not over 35 pounds at 3 years, but I changed my mind and decided I wanted to rf until 4 years old. My oldest hit 35 pounds at about 3 1/2 years, so I did need a high weight seat.

glockchick

I'd get a Britax Boulevard. Thats my favorite go to seat. My normal sized 4 year old would have just outgrown his rear facing but I think my kids have short torsos like their mama. ;)

Stelvis

glockchick said:
I'd get a Britax Boulevard. Thats my favorite go to seat. My normal sized 4 year old would have just outgrown his rear facing but I think my kids have short torsos like their mama. ;)

Whoa! My baby will outgrow hers RF before age 2. However, it's still a great seat! I'll be sorry when I have to put her in something else.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC