SK400 Squeaking

kam1011

My son's SK400 has been squeaking horribly for the past week. I took it out and even in the living room it squeaks when I move it. It's something to do with the headwings. Is there anything I can do?

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'd call Evenflo and complain plus ask them. My sister bought a Maestro and said it squeaked so bad they couldn't stand it. They used it once and returned it for a Turbo :(

kam1011

Hmm. :( This wasn't always a problem. I bought this seat right when they came out last February-ish and the squeaking is new. I was hoping it had something to do with the install, but it squeaks even in the living room if I move the wings. :(

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
EPS (Styrofoam) is really squeaky stuff, many of my EPS lined seats often remind me of the ancient cheap foam cooler we had in the 70's...loud! I don't know if there's a fix for it, but it couldn't hurt to call Evenflo and complain about it.

cryswilkins

My GN squeaks something terrible every once in a while. It drives me up the wall.

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

kam1011

After I reinstalled it, it hasn't really been an issue while driving. Whatever was aggrevating it and making it really squeaky in the car isn't there anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC