Radian Safe Stop question.

zactayaus

So Gavin is weighing between 39 and 41 pounds given the day. He's in an RXT in my vehicle FF with the safe stop on. Would you remove it now or wait a bit longer?

ADS

glockchick

I'd take it off now. Caleb is the same weight right now and that's what I'd do for him if we still had a radian.

Actually, he's riding in all Britax seats now partly because I didn't want to have to deal with that exact issue. :eek:

ETA: Maybe. It would depend what's in front of him in the car. If there's a seat directly in front of him and it's pretty close, I'd take it off. If it's the middle seat in a suburban with nothing in front for him to hit if he goes a bit farther forward, I'd leave it on for now. Clear as mud? ;)

christineka

My son weighs 38.5-39 pounds. The way he gains weight, it'll be a couple pounds, seemingly all at once. I err on the side of using it over 40 pounds and keep it on. I try to weigh my son every couple weeks.

zactayaus

I'd take it off now. Caleb is the same weight right now and that's what I'd do for him if we still had a radian.

Actually, he's riding in all Britax seats now partly because I didn't want to have to deal with that exact issue. :eek:

ETA: Maybe. It would depend what's in front of him in the car. If there's a seat directly in front of him and it's pretty close, I'd take it off. If it's the middle seat in a suburban with nothing in front for him to hit if he goes a bit farther forward, I'd leave it on for now. Clear as mud? ;)

Middle seat of Suburban with nothing in front of him.:)

bnsnyde

Thank you!!! Mine is now 41 lbs. and I totally forgot about the Safe Stop, which is still on. I should remove it. Thanks for the reminder!
Well, now I get to go play with a Radian while pregnant. Yeah. Better now than the third trimester.

It's also a chance to test if the Cybex X-Fix booster fits in that spot. I'm just curious. She's only 5 but for the future.

christineka

Thank you!!! Mine is now 41 lbs. and I totally forgot about the Safe Stop, which is still on. I should remove it. Thanks for the reminder!
Well, now I get to go play with a Radian while pregnant. Yeah. Better now than the third trimester.

If the vehicle seat back reclines, you can just loosen the harness all the way, remove the safe stop re-attach the harness, then put the vehicle seat back back up in place. :)

bnsnyde

But then I would not have injured my shoulder (the surgery one; very touchy in pregnancy), made my belly sore...
And actually there was a RF Radian right behind it and I had to loosen the RF tether on THAT one just to get the other one out.

But...but...
I took off Latch and installed with seatbelt in the Odyssey 8th seat. This is apparently a good thing, so people say. Well, who knows.
It's a ceiling seabelt and the install is solid BUT I had it ROCK SOLID with latch even front to back, and now there is maybe 1 inch movement front to back if I really tug at it (probably excessive force). The Radian bottom is so smooth and flat, I see no way around this. The latch pulls down so it makes sense the install would be better. The seatbelt has different tension points. But I guess I trust the seatbelt more. I don't know.

Oh, and the Cybex seemed to fit. I can't wait until she's older.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC