RXTs and R120s in each other's clothes?

ADS

whitneyg

I have a Diono R120 (2012) and would love to have a more girly cover on it. Would the Spring or Flora covers from either a SK or Diono fit it? I would be searching for one in swap if I knew it was possible.

love-pink

Flora will fit. The snap on the Flora cover will line up differently in the bum area but it will stay put and work ;)

Spring will fit too but you will have two slits where the wings go. With the Flora cover you can use the body support to add a pillow to fill the slits. The Spring infant inserts are different so they won't work as a filler for the slits.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Have you tried it love pink? I did, and it was not good. Wondering what I did wrong.

love-pink

Judi said:
Have you tried it love pink? I did, and it was not good. Wondering what I did wrong.

Ive had the older XTSL covers on the newer RXTs. I know several others have had the XTSL covers on the non-wing models too. I can try to search the threads when I get on the computer ;) The only difference would be the new style covers having different body support pads that would not work to fill the slits where the wings would normally be. You would need the older style covers from the XT or XTSL model or at least the body supports from one. Then again I believe I've read where posters just left to top slits how they were and it was a tid baggy at the top. Personally that would annoy me but to each their own ;)

I stretched the older style cover down enough to snap the one snap onto one of the two snaps the newer seats come with. I then pulled the outside of the cover down the out skirts of the shell to half way wrap around the red belt guide keeping the cover down and snug even more ;)

I never thought about taking detailed pics when I did it but I do have a few in my albums showing a Petal XTSL cover fitting nicely on an installed RXT. It worked out great for me with just a little extra fiddling.

whitneyg

So, I am confused now...which cover would fit my Diono R120? And which body support parts do I need? Would they be from two different styles, or could the body support and the cover be form the same style?

love-pink

Yup. But I personally had the SK older style cover on the Diono seats. Just listing that thread as a reference to how the "winged" covers can fit the "non-winged" seats too. ;)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So, I am confused now...which cover would fit my Diono R120? And which body support parts do I need? Would they be from two different styles, or could the body support and the cover be form the same style?

If you ask me, you can switch Diono with Diono or SK with SK. I posted my thread, with pics of when I tried swapping clothes between Diono and SK.

love-pink

whitneyg said:

You would need an older style cover set from a SK Radian XT or XTSL if you want to be able to use the body support as a pillow to fill the "wing" area. They are tricky to come by though. I believe Flora, Petal and Malibu were the girly options they came in. SK also had a Princess and Primrose cover set for their seat without wings but I've never personally tried that one on a new style Diono seat. It is also hard to come by now that they are all discontinued. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC