Help!! 2.5 year old in booster!

#1babysitter

I used to babysit this little boy when he was 1 but the family moved 6 months later. I am friends with the parents on Facebook so I see pictures they upload of their son every once in awhile. Well the last pictures they uploaded were yesterday and they got him a new car seat...the Graco Surround Sound booster seat! He is 2.5 year old! WAY too young for a booster. He was in a Marathon at 1 when I started watching him...forward facing, so there is no way I can convince his parents he needs to be harnessed AND rear facing but I feel so scared for them because it was heartbreaking for me when they moved so I feel obligated to tell the parents that he is very unsafe in the booster. I need some websites to prove why he should be harnessed instead of in a booster and some videos would be great too!

ADS

Baylor

Just say hi and send them links to the proper usage page and Maybe look up the laws where they are. Be gentle and tell them and that is all you can do.

jjordan

Well, most parents view the sharing of car seat information as the giving of parenting advice, which means they don't want to hear that. Multiply it by 5 if it's coming from someone who doesn't have kids of her own! So you're fighting an uphill battle. Tread carefully.

Maybe a private message something along these lines...
"Hi Mrs. X, how are you all doing? I miss little Derek so much! If you're ever back this direction, please let me know;, I'd love to see you all again! I was noticing the cute pictures of Derek in his new booster and I thought I'd pass along some information that I recently heard from some other moms. Apparently car seat safety experts are now recommending that kids don't go into boosters until they're at least 4 or 5 years old, and companies are making car seats with harnesses for much bigger kids than they used to. Someone shared this video with me, which is absolutely heartbreaking, and the reason why I felt like I really needed to share this info with you. [post link to Belle's gift video from YouTube] I hope that you don't think I'm being a busy-body and interfering with your parenting, because I know that you guys are absolutely amazing parents to Derek! He is such a great kid! Hope you all are doing well (etc)... Love, Jane"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC