Question Longest lasting erf convertible after the radian...

hope41more

I currently have a myride in my car and a symphony we are looking to replace in DH car. We would prefer to stay away from the radian. Money is not a concern. We have preordered the foonf, but its not coming, and we need a seat.
DS is 2, 34 inches, 33 pounds. We'd like something that lasts until 40 pounds. Please give me your seat recommendation along with the weight and height limit if you know it. Thanks!

ADS

aporthole

The Graco Size4Me (My Size 70 @ Babies R Us) is actually the tallest RFing seat, taller than Radian and Foonf. It is $179 full price but Babies R Us often has it around $145 on sale or with applicable coupon. 40 lb weight limit.

Just FYI, Clek posted something on their Facebook page that the Foonf will have a 43" standing height limit RFing.

mlohry

aporthole said:
The Graco Size4Me (My Size 70 @ Babies R Us) is actually the tallest RFing seat, taller than Radian and Foonf. It is $179 full price but Babies R Us often has it around $145 on sale or with applicable coupon. 40 lb weight limit.

Just FYI, Clek posted something on their Facebook page that the Foonf will have a 43" standing height limit RFing.

I had a S4me for my petite DD who is 3.8 years and it's super tall, but has no leg room even for her short legs. If you are ok with that it will seriously RF my 8 year old if he was under 40lbs and if he didn't mind his legs tangled up in a knot :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
One thing that helps a LOT with the S4M is if you recline the vehicle seatback of the seat it's installed on. It nests in there, and can be a bit more reclined. I did have problems still buckling with an older kiddo, but now that they allow the outer crotch strap, that should be better, too.

Not saying it's the perfect seat, but it can be workable. I found it to have more leg room than the (older gen) Britaxes, don't know about G2/3.

If you are willing to comply with its rules (recline angle, 40" height limit) the CA has a nice, tall shell and 40lb limit. The Evenflo Triumph/Momentum are an inch and two (respectively) taller than the MyRide. The G2 Britaxes are similar in size to the MyRide; some claim them to be an inch shorter, taller, or the same size. The Peg convertible is also pretty tall, with a 45lb RF limit.

If you like your MyRide and your DS still has several inches above his head, you could consider another one of those, as well.

We have so many 40lb seats now, I may have forgotten some. Hopefully someone else can chime in if I'd forgotten a great option!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC