What HBBs successfully flown with? Turbo ... or?

Athena

I am trying to decide whether to buy the Graco HBB during the $30 sale at Target for our next trip. The trip isn't for months, so I feel a little silly buying it now, but it seems like such a good price.

I understand this seat fits skinny kids well in most vehicles, right? And travels well? That's the reason I'd buy it special for this trip. But I thought I should ask if there are any others you'd recommend for travel for a tall, skinny 6yo who is almost 50" tall/45 pounds. I'd prefer one I'd use more than this trip, but my bigger concerns are ease of travel and rental car/DD compatibility. It has to fit well to be safe and it has to be safe or I won't feel comfortable leaving the airport.

Thank you!

ADS

LittlePeanut

The HB TB is one of my first choices for travel for booster aged kids. You know you can't use it on the plane though, right? I know in Canada they are good for 10 years, I'm not sure if that's the case in the US. If it is, then waiting to buy it later is a little silly since you'll likely pay more and not get much more use out of it.

Athena

The HB TB is one of my first choices for travel for booster aged kids. You know you can't use it on the plane though, right? I know in Canada they are good for 10 years, I'm not sure if that's the case in the US. If it is, then waiting to buy it later is a little silly since you'll likely pay more and not get much more use out of it.

I think the LBB portion of our Nautilus is good for 9 years, so I would hope the HBTB is at least that. Good point on a few months not making much difference with that.

I did know that we could not use it on the plane. I just meant that, from what I'm reading, it's easy to bring (e.g. bring bottom on plane as carry on and pack back between clothes in checked case). She should be fine in just the plane's seat belt at her size and I have no worries about her unbuckling it when she shouldn't.

We'll probably have DD2 (large will be almost 5 yo) in just the plane's belt too and take our travel vest for the car or have someone meet us at the airport with a Maestro ... haven't figured it all out yet, but, unless something changes dramatically before then, DD2 does not have the impulse control to booster yet. Thanks.

Athena

Anyone else? I'm going to call Target to make sure on the sale dates, but I think I have to decide whether to buy the Turbo on sale today or wait. Either way, I like to have things figured out ahead.

How heavy is the Vivo? That's the only other booster that comes to mind as far as fitting skinnys well that I don't know if it would travel well and I don't know if it's worth the extra money anyway. We've planned on getting a Monterey for her primary seat, but that seems too heavy/big for travel.

thank you!!!

Athena

I think the Turbo would be perfect, especially for $30.

Thank you! Do you still think so knowing I probably won't use it other times and would be buying it just for the trip? At $30, it still seems worth it not to try to fly with something heavy or bulky, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing another option.

Brianna

I don't even have a booster age Kid I drive but i keep a turbo in my trunk so I've paid for no use so far :eek: It wouldn't hurt to have a spare booster for carpooling.

Athena

I don't even have a booster age Kid I drive but i keep a turbo in my trunk so I've paid for no use so far :eek: It wouldn't hurt to have a spare booster for carpooling.

Thanks again! We aren't in a position to carpool (no van, etc.), but we probably will be able to use it sometime in the next ten years. :)

Our target turbo we got in the last sale US good for 10 years. I am in the US

Thanks! Ten years is awesome! Do you know if that's the whole thing or just the LBB portion like for the Nautilus?

mdsvc89

We've travelled with the Evenflo Big Kid AMP. Bottom was sort of shoved into a shoulder bag I could carry, and one of us carried the back by hand (didn't want to risk it getting left behind, DS is 5 and not ready for a LBB)

Michelle

Athena

We've travelled with the Evenflo Big Kid AMP. Bottom was sort of shoved into a shoulder bag I could carry, and one of us carried the back by hand (didn't want to risk it getting left behind, DS is 5 and not ready for a LBB)

Michelle

Thanks! I went ahead and picked up a Turbo on sale today and I think it's better for skinnies anyway. However, I am very interested in this idea of carrying on the back too. The Turbo isn't bigger than the AMP, right? I would prefer to take the whole thing on the plane. I am very nervous about putting my 6yo in just the LBB if it gets lost and don't want it thrown around either. But weren't you nervous they might take it away and then it would checked unpadded? How did you make sure that wouldn't happen?

mdsvc89

I just carried it in my hand. No one gave it a second look, and it fit in the overhead bin under my other carry ons. I guess I've seen people carry on all sorts of odd things -- big hats, artwork, bouquets of flowers -- so it didn't occur to me it would be a problem. It's thin and relatively flat, so it shouldn't raise any issues.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC