5 kids in a Dodge Caravan?

Phineasmama

Yeah sorry I should have mentioned I'm 5'7" so not a giant but taller than the average female.

The Kiddy World Plus works as a high back in the outboard and middle positions in the 3rd row. I just got the Cruiserfix Pro today and it works in the middle, I have not tested it in the outboard but I think it will be fine there too. And the newest belt guide on the Diono Monterey works in the middle as well. Just FYI for anyone.

ADS

lovinmylil's

Hi,
We are getting a new vehicle soon. I am expecting our 5th baby in early June. We are trying to figure out if we could fit all 5 kids in a Dodge Caravan or a Chrysler T&C. Here are the ages of my kids and the seats they will be using:

8 yr old: just a seatbelt
6 yr old: low back booster (can't sit in the very back since he gets carsick)
4 yr old: high back booster
2 yr old: FF carseat
newborn: infant carseat

We are not opposed to buying new carseats in order to make one of these vehicles work. I know that most people recommend the Sienna or Odyssey, but we would rather not spend the extra money on those vehicles if we don't need to.

Thanks for any tips or advice you can give! We would be buying a 2011 or 2012 Dodge Caravan or Chrysler T&C.

i have an 06 dodge grand caravan that we have squeezed 5 kids into. ages 8HBB, 6EH, 4ERF, 2ERF (almost 3 jan 13th), & 1RF. this is how we squeezed them in it. lol for the 3 across we have rf radian, rf radian, graco snigride. we also have done. rf radian, rf radian, & ff radian. rf radian, graco snugride, rf radian. we can also fit all 3 radians ff. just a heads up. its a really tight squeeze. even w/ doing all 3 radians. we thought at 1st it wouldnt fit. also the boot of the radian goes off the side of the seat when in rf mode on the driver side. its suppose to b all the way on. we have tried many diff positions & they all do the same thing rarfacing. the seat is just really skinny & weard shaped. were getting the foonf next mo in hopes to fix this issue.. i have heard of ppl being able to do a myride in the middle w/ a radian on each side too. i havnt tried that since we dont like how big it is. we have no issues having all 3 radians ff in a 3 across. well besides it being tight. lol
for my older two in the middle bench seat we have my 6yr old in a radian ff. passanger side & on the drivers side my 8yr old is in a frountier 85 in hbb mode.
i hope this helps give u some hope it can b done. it just a pain in the butt. lol besides the carseat issues i love r van! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC