Is this car seat protector okay?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I can't tell how thick that protector is. I wouldn't use it if it is any thicker than a receiving blanket.

Another concern I have about that product, however, is the toy box. That toybox could be used to hold soft toys (which is fine), but I fear that it could also be used to hold hard toys (which are projectiles and should not be used in the car).

lovinwaves

Technically, a CPS Tech would ask for you to remove it at a seatcheck. Not because of yours specifically but because you shouldn't use ANY kind of aftermarket accessories along with your carseats.

If you absolutely must use a seat protector then try a very thin towel (one layer), or some thin shelf liner.

mykidsmylife

The toy holder is actually underneath the seat. It wont fit in between the carseats. It has the velco lid and is pushed under the seat.

I will look at the thickness. I have another one the is very thin I may put there instead. I know it is okay. It is thinner then a thin towell.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If you want to have a seat protector, your best bet would be to get some shelf liner. It's inexpensive and it's easy to find.

I wouldn't be using the one you have right now - I'd also worry about the potential of projectiles if you were using the box, but hearing that it's tucked under the car seat concerns me more because it is an additional layer underneath the seat itself. So I would absolutely remove it, and I would go buy some shelf liner if you really want something under the seat.

The preferable situation is that nothing is underneath the seat at all - but shelf liner is acceptable.

mykidsmylife

the soft box itself is under the van seat not the car seat. I bungeed it under there and it has a velcro cover on it.

The protector is under the built in van seat so it doesnt make a differenc in the way the seat works as of now.. My concern was when I get the Apex. I will make sure to remove it.
Thanks so much....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC