Scenera or Tribute?

love-pink

Which will last longer, both rfing & ffing?

Ive read threads saying the Scenera has a taller shell, but also read threads saying kids last longer in the Tribute for some reason :confused:

Pics and opinions needed. Which do you prefer? :eek:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you can see my album, scroll down for Leah in both, unfortunately she's a lot older in the Tribute than the Scenera... https://picasaweb.google.com/104971860341203318894/LeahInCarseats
For me it came down to ease of install, particularly RF, since they are virtually comparable in size and neither will be close to a big, spendy seat for RF a long time or FF as long as possible. It could also come down to EPS foam for head protection in the Tribute, or honestly, buy the one with the cutest cover, that's how similar they are :love:

rosey2007

I owned both and even with the longer shell on the scerena I love the tribute more. Easier to install, more side impact protection imo, and I also felt that the tribute had thicker plastic imo was what made this seat a better buy. Oh and the eps foam as well.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I prefer the Tribute. It lasts longer because of how it installs....think Radian vs Marathon. The upright installs makes all the difference. Kaylee uses a Tribute in the daycare van and at 3yrs 3mo old, has 2" of torso height left. She'll easily make it to 5, if she doesn't outgrow it by weight first. Granted, she's short...but she wears 3 and 4T tops, so her torso is pretty on par.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I love the Tribute- mainly because it is much easier to install.

Have you checked out the Apt?

Chris

I prefer the Tribute. It lasts longer because of how it installs....think Radian vs Marathon. The upright installs makes all the difference. Kaylee uses a Tribute in the daycare van and at 3yrs 3mo old, has 2" of torso height left. She'll easily make it to 5, if she doesn't outgrow it by weight first. Granted, she's short...but she wears 3 and 4T tops, so her torso is pretty on par.

What are the rules on outgrowing in the tribute? I just had my 2 1/2 yr old in his rearfacing and noticed that he is getting pretty close to 1" of shell height so I was assuming we were nearly out of it.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
What are the rules on outgrowing in the tribute? I just had my 2 1/2 yr old in his rearfacing and noticed that he is getting pretty close to 1" of shell height so I was assuming we were nearly out of it.

IIRC, it is 1" to the shell for rear facing. But my DD is FF and has 2"...she is right at the 3rd slots.

Here is my now 5yr old trying out the Tribute at almost 4...and he fit, but he's tiny!
227894_2019160842686_6911779_n.jpg

TXmom2

The product descriptions are almost identical:
Cosco - Scenera Convertible Car Seat, Broadway Dots ($39+):
•Rear-facing use for an infant from 5-35 lbs
•Forward-facing weight range 22-40 lbs
•5-point harness system with up-front harness adjustment
•Removable cup holder
•Sturdy, resilient construction with side-impact protection
•Meets or exceeds federal and ASTM safety standards
•3-position recline
•LATCH equipped
•Dimensions: 17"L x 17.5"W x 26.5"H
•Weight: 9.5 lbs

Evenflo Tribute Sport Convertible Car Seat ($44+)
•Rear facing: safely fits children 5-35 lbs.
•Forward facing: safely fits children 20-40 lbs.
•5-point harness
•Features 4 shoulder harness positions
•Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting
•Removable, washable cloth pad
•Side-impact tested
•Approved for use on airlines
•Product weight is 9.92 lbs.
* Dimensions: (L x W x H): 20.5 x 18.0 x 25.0

I currently own the Scenera as a backup seat (forward facing) in hubby's car (Honda Element). It installed without difficulty for us. DD (3yrs, 4 months) has ridden in it maybe 3 times over the last 8 months.

OP, do not want to hijack your thread, but I wanted to ask about these two seats as well. We are planning a trip in February and were planning to bring the Scenera as the travel seat for our 3 yr old (will be 3yrs, 8 mo). We have the Coccoro to use for our younger DD, who will be 22 months at the time. We are flying to Canada and will be using rental car(s) once there for several side trips.
1) What are the difficulties found with installing the Scenera FF?
2) Would it be worth it to pick up the Tribute to use for travel instead and as a backup for younger DD here? (she is full time in the CCO - her only seat at this time)

Other seats we have are the Complete Air 65 and the EFTA DX (which older DD rotates between in the main car). She is ERF in them. (30lbs, 35.5", 12.5" torso)

momtoo3

I have had both and much prefer the Tribute over the Scenera. I hate the Scenera for rf installs. The tribute was easy both rf and ff. For me the Tribute was more 3 across friendly in my second row and the Scenera more 3 across friendly in my 3rd row. I think that just depends on what you need next to it and if it will be rf or ff. In general I think the Scenera is better if you need to buckle a booster next to it because it sits higher like a MR does.
In my 3rd row I have the Scenera ff in the middle of CarGo and nbb (ambassador.) I have also had it ff in the middle with a PWSG on one side and a Big Kid nbb on the other side. Here is a pic of it in the middle of the 2 boosters.
143-1.jpg

The Tribute worked for me in my second row for the little guy I watch both rf and ff between either a rf TFP or a rf MA70 for ds3 and a CarGo. Here is a pic of that set up (TFP/Tribute/CarGo)
142-2-1.jpg

And here is a pic of the little one I watch at 9.5 months and 17ish pounds:
144-1-1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC