Recline and FF safety

whitneyg

Is it safer to be more reclined if the seat has to be FF? Or does it somehow make it less safe? I really have no idea. My 3 year old will be in a FF seat when she rides in my mom's car, very occasionally. Will she be safer if she is in a more reclined seat with high sides like a FF MyRide? Or should we go with our Radian FF or the Argos?

Oh, and if it matters for this question: she is 15" from bum to shoulders when sitting, 37" tall, 32 lbs clothed.

ADS

Brianna

All FF harnessed seats pass the same test. If your mom can use them all correctly- I know the Graco buckles are difficult for some- then use any of them.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Yeah, I don't think it makes much of a difference. What does make a difference is placement (put her in the center of the vehicle, if possible) proper installation and proper usage.

Will your mom be taking the seat out of her vehicle and having to reinstall it herself, or will it stay in the vehicle?

Can your mom easily manage the buckles on the MyRide or Argos? The original MyRide buckles were super easy for most grandparents to use - the new ones, not so much.

whitneyg

My parents will be living near us half of the time, so yes, the seat will be going in and out of the car frequently and I won't be able to micromanage the install. Ease of use is paramount in this case.

It will be going in a Mini Cooper, so getting the seat in and out of a 2 door car is a factor. There are only 2 seats in the back, outboard is the only choice.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Well, the Radian is the only one with push-on LATCH connectors (the Argos & MyRide have hook-style lower LATCH connectors) so that may help your parents with the install (and with removing the seat when they have to take it out). But it's also the heaviest of the 3 seats you have. Honestly, I'd try all 3 and see which one they prefer. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC