Picture Comparisons-PV Conv., RN 65, MA G3

ADS

Mercuria

Re: Picture Comparisons

I'd love to see legroom and height comparisons for the Peg and the Britax.

BTW, if anybody else is losing their minds with the mobile photobucket site, try opening in anon/incognito desktop mode. Requesting desktop site alone doesn't work.

jordansmom

thank you so much for the pics. Out of those, what would you choose if money was no option??

I wish I could give you a simple answer, but unfortunately I don't have one...it would depend on several factors and the situation. I personally own and use on a daily basis the Peg Convertible for my 13 month old and the Radian 65 for my soon to be 3.5 year old. I love both for different reasons. I would personally cross off the Britax seats from my choices because of the lack of legroom if I was going to use the seat to extended rear face. I did use a Roundabout 40 when both of my boys were 5 months to 10ish months before "upgrading" and they are nice in many ways (ease of install, plushness, comfort, variety of covers). The Peg and RN offer much, much more legroom. If I was only going to buy one seat to rearface with and my goal was four years of age, then I would go with a Diono seat (formerly Sunshine Kids-Radian). The low profile, high weight limit, and harness height are all winners in that scenario for me. My DS1 would have a harder time climbing into the Peg and he is just about at the max torso height for my comfort and the manufacturer's. Although I don't love the harness adjuster (tug tug tug), I have gotten use to it and I can deal with it. I also do use the angle adjuster and without it, it would not fit in the seating locations we use it in our vehicles. I also like that I can tether it rear facing. The Peg Convertible is really nice too. I love it for my younger son. It does sit higher up which is okay for lifting him in and out now. The harness adjuster is sooo smooth and the overall construction of the seat is really nice. If I knew we were going to have more children and would pass this seat down to younger siblings, this would be my choice. The install in our vehicles is really easy. It can not be tethered rearfacing and I wish it had the anti-rebound bar that the Canadian version offers, but I also know it has passed all the safety standards without in the US and am comfortable using it. From another post, Peg Perego did okay the use of the seat without the infant insert in the US for under 22 pounds, but this is not in the manual. I would suggest trying out the fit on your own little one before going with it.

So, like I said, I'm sorry I don't have a straight forward answer, but hopefully it gave you some factors to think on. Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!:)

medicrunner

my baby is small, and Im ok with buying a bigger seat at 3 years of age or a bit after if needed, so Im thinking I will go with the Peg. I like that it can be rear tethered yet caters to a smaller baby as well. Im glad you said you would cross the Britax seats off the list as that was my other option from the research I had done. Im also not sure the Radian would fit behind my seat since its as far back as it can go for my husband and myself. Thanks for your input!!

I know you had the side wings up all the way in the britax and the peg, is that ok to have it like that while in use?? or can it not go above the frame of the seat??

Mercuria

my baby is small, and Im ok with buying a bigger seat at 3 years of age or a bit after if needed, so Im thinking I will go with the Peg. I like that it can be rear tethered yet caters to a smaller baby as well. Im glad you said you would cross the Britax seats off the list as that was my other option from the research I had done. Im also not sure the Radian would fit behind my seat since its as far back as it can go for my husband and myself. Thanks for your input!!

I know you had the side wings up all the way in the britax and the peg, is that ok to have it like that while in use?? or can it not go above the frame of the seat??

The Peg can't be tethered RF. Only Britax, Diono, and Combi can.

The Radian takes up far less room than it looks like it would with the AA. I'll let someone with experience comment on which takes up less room.

Both can be all the way up, but in terms of outgrowing RF, Peg allows you to RF 1" from the top of the headrest in the 7th position, while the Britax goes by 1" from the top of the shell, regardless of the headrest position. I believe that is because the Peg's headrest is reinforced, but the Britax's isn't.

HTH

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

The front to back room will vary from car to car because of the different shapes/sloping in vehicle seats but this is what the Britax seats and the Radian look like in my vehicle next to each other. The Radian does have an angle adjuster under it.

2012-03-29%252016.57.25.jpg

jordansmom

The Peg headrest can be used up to the 7th position rearfacing and the MA can be used rearfacing until the top of the child's head is 1 inch from the top of the shell, NOT headrest.

What vehicle are you installing in? Any chance for a center seat install? Can you go to a store and try them in your vehicle and try your child in them?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC