Britax gumdrop cover...is it plush?

rverrone11

I hate not being able to feel covers in person. :p Anyone know if the gumdrop cover is the plush seat like cowmoo?

Thanks!

ADS

YinzerMama

If you look at the pic on Amazon you can embiggen it and kind of see the texture - to me it looks like the brown is kind of a denim material and the patterned part is like a smooth cotton.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Roundabout-Convertible-Seat-Gumdrop/dp/B005MM7F8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353330648&sr=8-1&keywords=britax+gumdrop"]Amazon.com: Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat, Gumdrop: Baby[/ame]

I too wish they made more soft plush coveres. There were a zillion to pick from with my first 3 were little. :(

YinzerMama

It's soft but not plush like cowmoo.

Do you mean soft by not plush like cow moo as to mean... it's not cold and slippery... or is it s shorter pile velour like the Ashley seat? (I think we had one called Ashley... yellow with flowers... it was velor but not as long a nap as the cow)

OP - I don't know if you want it for a girl or a boy but Isabella and Silverlake look to have soft velvety borders at least.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Roundabout-Convertible-Seat-Gumdrop/dp/B00834D5TI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353356301&sr=8-2&keywords=britax+gumdrop"]Amazon.com: Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat 2012, Gumdrop: Baby[/ame]

rverrone11

Do you mean soft by not plush like cow moo as to mean... it's not cold and slippery... or is it s shorter pile velour like the Ashley seat? (I think we had one called Ashley... yellow with flowers... it was velor but not as long a nap as the cow)

OP - I don't know if you want it for a girl or a boy but Isabella and Silverlake look to have soft velvety borders at least.

Amazon.com: Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat 2012, Gumdrop: Baby

I did a bit more research on the Gumdrop, and it says it's a twill...so I know it's not like Ashley (we have Ashley for our Marathon).

I don't know if I need it for a boy or girl...it's for our baby due in April, and we aren't finding out gender. I'm trying to avoid black because the interior of our Jetta is all black, and it's so dark already. If I knew we were having a girl, we would get Isabella. I may hold off on ordering it and order it from the hospital. I have a seat we could use to get us from the hospital, and diapers.com has overnight shipping. :)

cryswilkins

That cover is plush in the outside and a cotton twill material on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

rverrone11

Update: I got the seat today, and the middle part is like a cotton woven. The outer, brown part feels like brushed twill, so not plush like cowmoo or velourish like Ashley. It is still soft, but I think it will stain a lot easier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC