Question Handwash?

U

Unregistered

This morning we had a carsickness incident :(. She literally managed to get her whole car seat (a 2010 Britax Boulevard). I went to wash it and noticed it said hand wash only. This thing s covered, I mean COVERED. Do I really have to handwash? Cant I do the delicate cycle? Will it make the car seat unsafe if I do machine wash?
I know the straps cant be submerged, but any tips for washing them? Use a toothbrush?
Yuck this is just so gross.

ADS

HaileysMommy

Not worth it in my opinion. I machine washed a cover that said it was safe to machine wash. It messed the padding up inside and I had to cut the back open to fix it. I don't think it's a risk I'd take when having to get a new cover would cost $40+

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I machine washed our covers on delicate many times and never had a problem. That said, it is a risk you are taking and if it falls apart, etc., Britax will not help you out as their instructions do say hand wash only. :) I personally would toss a puked on cover in a the washing machine and take the risk.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Buy a new seat. ;) Just kidding- I just hate vomit. I feel like that's what I'll want to do when it happens to me.

I've washed a bunch of covers on delicate and hung them to dry. They all came out fine.

Phineasmama

I've always washed my Britax covers on delicate with "natural" laundry detergent and air dried. Never had a problem!

YinzerMama

I've washed both graco and britax covers, never had a problem. I used to do delicate and cold but later took to just washing them on normal with clothes (we have a front loader so no agitator) I always hang to dry.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC