Question What boosters are best for sleeping?

agave

My 4 1/2 yr old is in the very early stages of booster training. She rarely sleeps in the car she is prone to head slump. She'll probably ride bolstered most of the tome when she's 5 but we'll keep her frontier around for long trips. What seats do the best job of keeping heads up?

ADS

Baylor

agave said:
My 4 1/2 yr old is in the very early stages of booster training. She rarely sleeps in the car she is prone to head slump. She'll probably ride bolstered most of the tome when she's 5 but we'll keep her frontier around for long trips. What seats do the best job of keeping heads up?

I loved the Probooster. My kids slept great in it. But it was too tippy in my car. So going for the Monterey. Seems similar in structure but also has LATCH. Which is a plus.

auto correct hates me

solmama

I second the Monterey. Although, the Oobr in recline mode works well, too.

...the Oobr's recline can only be used with LATCH, however.

Baylor

I don't know but I think people here have called diono and gotten new ones shipped to them.

auto correct hates me

aeormsby

My DD does awesome in her Recaro Vivo. And it's in our truck which has very upright seats. She does well in her PWSGL also, but that vehicle has more reclined seats, not sure if that's helping.

Baylor

Just wanted to add that ds1 took first ride in Monterey today and he was really relaxed and automatically rested his head back. It is a nice deep headwing.

agave

How is the Turbo with Safety Surround? I have time I probably won't buy anything until late spring/summer unless I find a crazy good deal.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
My DS does not sleep well in the Vivo. it's WAY better than the Big Kid and Turbo though. We don't have a Monteray though... I am going to re-harness him because he falls asleep on any drive longer than about 15 minutes and because I'm sick to death of him getting mad trying to buckle himself and then having to climb into the third row to fix the twisted/locked belt!!

scariestone

When are the Montereys due to ship with the newest belt guides?

They're out now. The latest batch have the new-old belt guides. And if you end up with one with the crappy guide they'll send you a new back/headrest but they're on backorder at the moment. I was told they expect them very soon but I've been waiting a month for ours. :rolleyes: They do also allow for not using the belt guide as well as long as the fit is good.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC