News Suffocation, Entrapment Risks Prompt Recall of PeaPod Travel Tents by KidCo

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Babies and young children can get trapped in the tent and suffocate. Nine children have gotten trapped or been in distress inside the tent.

More...

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thank you. I have been impatiently waiting for this recall and have tried to warn people when I know they own this product or are interested in buying it.

What I find interesting is they say the death of the 5 month old boy was undetermined, yet the mother's autopsy report states "positional asphyxiation".

I'm interested in what the repair kit is as those that are concerned about these tents feel the issue is the lack of breath ability of the nylon sides (baby rolls into side, faces presses into nylon, can't breathe). So I'm wondering how a repair kit will solve that. I'd think a redesign with mesh sides would be in order.

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

o_mom

I'm interested in what the repair kit is as those that are concerned about these tents feel the issue is the lack of breath ability of the nylon sides (baby rolls into side, faces presses into nylon, can't breathe). So I'm wondering how a repair kit will solve that. I'd think a redesign with mesh sides would be in order.

According to the recall site, it is this:

"To receive a repair kit that includes a thinner replacement air mattress and braces that will strengthen the sides of both model"

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
o_mom said:
According to the recall site, it is this:

"To receive a repair kit that includes a thinner replacement air mattress and braces that will strengthen the sides of both model"

An okay, I missed that. Just saw "repair kit". That certainly wouldn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I read he story posted by the mother of the 5 month old that died and after that, I wouldn't buy a travel sleeping area without mesh sides.

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

agave

The link is not currently working. I just got mine out mine out to check the model number and both kids jumped in and started playing. I think I'm going to order the kit and just use the air mattresses for camping and ditch the tent part.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC