Difference between Triumph Advance & Titan Elite

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I had been wondering if there was a difference in the max. harness height since both of these seats have a 50 limit.

My Target had both of them on display, and my dd's were being cooperative, so we tried them out.

4 1/2 year old (43 lbs and mostly torso) tried the Titan Elite ($99.99). Her shoulders were at least 1/2" over the top slots. She sat in the Triumph Advance (no price on display) and fit. She wouldn't have much room to grow in it, I think maybe the harness could have moved up 1/2" more at the most. It was hard to tell with the way it adjusts and being in the store, but I know she fit. She might have made it to 5 years old in that seat, but probably not 50 lbs.

But the point is that the Triumph Advance does have more shoulder height than the Titan Elite.

ADS

veggiegirl228

Well I can't really talk about the elite but it's total height is only 47" vs 50" in the advance. But the torso height is where it matters the most, I'm learning as I go along. The advance doesn't have fixed positions on the harness. The advance has a the recline mode and in ff position has 2 positions vs one spot only in the elite. The advance @ my target is 129.99 so it's $30 more but I love that seat much more, more room in many aspects. I would personally spring for the extra $$ for the advance, I didn't care for the elite.

HTH
Jenn

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Total height means nothing. Torso height is all that matters. For instance, like you say one is 47" the other is 50". Well, the Elite seems to have a top slot height an inch lower. Piper would outgrow the Elite (since the top height would be about 16", the Advance is 17") around 42.5" overall. She'll outgrow the Advance probably around 46" would be my guess. She's 41" now and she'd have a half inch in the Elite, so not too much longer, a few months at best. But no way would she approach the overall limit in either of those. She'd be far too tall if I used the numbers given.

Wendy

arly1983

overall height is a guess that carseat manufactures make

A foward facing seat is outgrown when ONE of the following happens:

-shoulders go above top slots (except radian)

-tips of ears are above top of seat shell

-child weights more than max weight

Thats why we all know our children's torso heights, it is a good indicater of how a child will truely fit in a certain seat.

chickenman

does anyone know why they use the epp foam in the advance but not the elite? i saw them at kmart today and just thought it was intresting, and wondered if more companies will switch to epp

daycaremom2002

Thanks for posting this. I actually just posted a thread about this in a different part of the forum. You have all the information I was looking for. I was hoping that it was a little closer to the Advance. I was thinking that since it was a little more like the other carseats that people are familiar with (harness adjuster in the front and regular harness slots instead of those sliding adjustors that seem a little weird to me) that people might be more willing to purchase this over the 3-1 seats and their clones. I see so many people using those crazy seats. I hated the only one that I used.

Anyhow, thanks for the information.

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
does anyone know why they use the epp foam in the advance but not the elite? i saw them at kmart today and just thought it was intresting, and wondered if more companies will switch to epp

What is the difference between EPP and EPS foam? Aren't they are both energy/impact absorbing foam?

If you check here: www.safetymadeeasier.com (and click on "products", they show the Elite's foam lining the head area, and I know the Advance has it too.

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
Thanks for posting this. I actually just posted a thread about this in a different part of the forum. You have all the information I was looking for. I was hoping that it was a little closer to the Advance. I was thinking that since it was a little more like the other carseats that people are familiar with (harness adjuster in the front and regular harness slots instead of those sliding adjustors that seem a little weird to me) that people might be more willing to purchase this over the 3-1 seats and their clones. I see so many people using those crazy seats. I hated the only one that I used.

Anyhow, thanks for the information.

I agree, I was hoping they'd have the same max. shoulder height because the Elite is cheaper and a more familiar design to most parents. I was hoping it would be a good option to recommend to parents to keep kids harnessed longer. But now that I've seen the difference, there is no question in my mind that parents will get more time out of the Triumph Adv. than the Elite.

But, since they both have a 35 lb. RF weight limit and taller shells than their predecessors, they can both keep kids RF longer at least.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC