Question Need advice on RF convertible car seat for TALL twins!

unodos

I have tall 7 month twins. They have outgrown their Chicco Keyfit 30 due to height. They are thin and tall, mostly in the torsos. We need safe, long term convertible seats that will accommodate long bodies. Our car is a Hyundai Santa Fe, 2011 which does not have a RF tether option. My husband is 6'5" and drives most of the time. I am 5'10". We are already fairly uncomfortable in the front seats with the Chicco's rear facing but have gotten used to it
I have tried fitting the Radian RXT with both latch and seat belts and it feels loose/top heavy without being able to tether the top. Plus, we cannot fit it behind the driver seat for my husband and the middle seat somehow doesn't fit it right and appears less tight than when using the side seats.
I have been doing research like crazy and am so confused on which to choose! I thought the Radian would be it! We want ones that are crash-tested with head wings, made to grow with long torsos and are able to fit in the Hyundai comfortably....Any suggestions!!??

ADS

Phineasmama

What do you mean they are loose/top heavy? You need to try and wiggle it at the belt path after you install it to see if it's tight. Don't worry about the top of the seat.

You can use the D-ring that comes with the Radian to create a tether anchor for rear facing, but that should not affect the install of your seat, you shouldn't be using that to get it in tightly.

The Graco MySize 70 is the tallest rear facing seat on the market right now, you can see it at BabiesRus/ToysRus if you have one near you. The rear facing height limit is within the head rest, not the shell of the seat itself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC