Daytona or Plum Radian RXT?

lpperry

I am getting a Diono Radian RXT. Which cover should I get? Daytona or Plum? Besides the color, the fabrics look like a different material.

ADS

jacqui276

I love the plum and would have gotten it if I had a girl to put in it. I do like my daytona one though. The plum cover is softer fabric while the daytona one is like windbreaker material. I like that my daytona one doesn't seem to get very dirty and wipes clean really easily.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have had Spring, Plum, and Shadow on my RXT.

I LOVED the Plum color and material. It is super soft, but didn't make J sweat in the summer. The Shadow is easy to wipe down though.

Daytona and Plum are my two favorite covers.

kellief11

I love the Plum (ultrasuede), it wipes up very easily. Kind of reminds me of a microfiber couch with slightly longer fibers, making it softer. I think ultrasuede is my favorite fabric, we have it on our 65sl as well.

agave

For my only remaining RF kid she would not settle for anything other than Cobalt, I like Plumb best but I've outgrown it.

CuddlyMonsters

Here is a close up of the Plum Radian RXT

7652602508_2c4daaff69_z.jpg

Carolinadaisy

Which other covers are that soft material if I wanted one for a boy? I love the plum, but I am pretty sure DH would not love it for DS2.

Kel

My big boys, 13 11 and 8 picked out trekk for our 2yr old. We love it. Soft and cushy. Plus, It will age well for little guys.

Kelley

lpperry

That is more purple than I thought. I have two boys and a girl. Maybe I should go with the red even though I think I really like that purple!

sparkle3116

While I would definitely have gotten the plum if I had a girl, I really like the Daytona. It's a really nice, bright true red.

DSCN4091-001.JPG

Last edited:

Mom2LeahClaire

I have the Plum and I looove it, so soft and looks to be easy to clean although I haven't had to clean it yet. It's a little darker than that picture shows...here are a couple I have taken of my seat and I think they are pretty true to the color.

17A195C6-5030-473E-BD62-5DA2036B8D4D-1087-000000B413EEA9D9.jpg

She's not a fan of being tied down in a seat when there are toys to be played with...

B306954D-AF22-4C13-8ABC-55433A2FD786-7826-00000484C5815C08.jpg

lpperry

Re: Daytona or Plum Radian RXT? ETA: Spring?

I have no love for the MySize70 that I just got. I decided just to get 2 radians. I wanted to get the plum for Claudia (already ordered the Daytona for Oliver). The plum is out of stock on any of the sites that have a sale or a cheaper price. I don't want to spend $270 on it.

What is the Spring cover like? Would that be a good girl option?

Last edited:

Lenae

Re: Daytona or Plum Radian RXT? ETA: Flora?

I have the Spring, same as Flora. It's very pretty and my DD likes the flowers more than purple.

lpperry

I found the plum for $250 (which I would be willing to pay) and the spring for $235.

Now I can't decide which of those to order. I used to dislike the spring cover, but now it is growing on me. Did I hear that the spring cover fades?

msg221

I love the color of my plum RXT and how soft it is. And I don't think it is a girly color at all. Heck, there are several pro sports teams that have purple in their team colors! The boys never minded sitting in it.

Lenae

My Spring hasn't faded, but if it were me, I'd buy the Plum. Don't get me wrong, I like Spring, but that purple color is just gorgeous.

lpperry

I decided on the Daytona and the Spring. I couldn't decide, so I waited. I am glad I waited because I found a Black Friday deal emailed to me at 10:30 p.m. tonight. They were on sale for $219! I had to decide really quick and still couldn't decide, so I let my husband be the deciding vote. He immediately picked the Spring. It might not have been the best deciding vote, because he was half asleep. His reasons for liking the Spring was because he likes seats with patterns and that one had farm animals. Hmmm...

I am excited it about my two new seats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC