Anyone Else wish Evenflo had a new name for the Triumph Advance?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
How bad is it going to be for a couple years before the old Triumphs expire and we don't have to say, 'do you mean triumph, or triumph advance?' and what if they come up with the trimumph advance dlx? <tearing hair icon inserted here>. I bet they have marketing powwows with cosco and say, how hard can we make our naming scheme to confuse people? (and graco popped in on that meeting with the safeseat...one? two? three?)

Ok, off my soapbox (it's too hot to go outside and leah's napping on me, I can't move, lol)

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I agree it's confusing. I think it must be done for branding reasons though. Ironically the thing that makes it confusing is probably exactly what they're going for - change a seat, update it and make improvements to it, but keep using some of the old name so that people are still familiar and will buy it because the old one had good reviews or a friend recommended the old one.

In Evenflo's case, this will probably really benefit them because of the old CR where the Triumph was a top pick. Parents still come across that article, and probably won't be aware of the change in design once all the old triumph's are gone.

Still makes for confusion though... I'm sure the same brand recognition could be achieved through advertising.. :rolleyes:

(Hope Leah has a good nap. I love those snuggly times, yet wish I could be up doing something or sleeping myself. LOL)

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
Yes! I find when I'm typing it out I want to bold and underline the word ADVANCE so people aren't confused.

Maybe they should call it the Victory or something.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yes! I find when I'm typing it out I want to bold and underline the word ADVANCE so people aren't confused.

Maybe they should call it the Victory or something.

:ROTFLMAO: Isn't there already a Victory? or am I just thinking of the Vanguard? :p

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Drives Me Crazy. It's like when I talk about a Scenera (when someone wants a spare seat on the cheap), I have to say "Cosco Scenera with the 5 pt harness, not with the overhead shield." And NOW I have to say "Evenflo Triumph ADVANCE, make sure you get the ADVANCE, not just the triumph."

ANNOYING

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I totally agree a different name would be better to avoid confusion. The hunch about keeping the name in use due to the whole CR top rating of the original Triumph seems likely. Didn't Evenflo revive the Titan, which was on the verge of being discontinued, when CR also sang its praises?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL. I don't know! I was trying to stay along the "triumph" theme..

ROFL, they could hire you!

They started with the Quest (looking for a good seller), also had the Medallion (we say it's a gold medal winner, and we made it, so we must be right!), the Tribute... not sure who they are paying tribute to? Victory...no, didn't win...Vanguard...huh? Titan...um...ok... Triumph... yeah, I'm sure it's a branding thing, and a CR thing...good thinking.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
and what if they come up with the trimumph advance dlx? <tearing hair icon inserted here>.

There is a DLX model. I was at BRU tuesday buying a Triumph advance for a coworker who had been in an accident. They had 2 models. The LX in a really ungly gray with weird leather patches here and there, and a DLX in a pretty green and tan.

Kimberly

tjham

I bet they have marketing powwows with cosco and say, how hard can we make our naming scheme to confuse people? (and graco popped in on that meeting with the safeseat...one? two? three?)

I agree! Instead of having two different seats with the same name, Cosco has 3 or 4 of the same seats with different names (Safety First, Cosco, Apex, Biltmore, etc. :rolleyes:). Just as stupid and just as confusing! And then there was the Safe Voyage and the Safe Voyage Deluxe!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There is a DLX model. I was at BRU tuesday buying a Triumph advance for a coworker who had been in an accident. They had 2 models. The LX in a really ungly gray with weird leather patches here and there, and a DLX in a pretty green and tan.

Kimberly

Aw crap...it's going to be just as bad as the olden days, "I have an Evenflo Comfort Touch...." (remember trying to pry the name of the seat out of those people? lol)

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
ITA. And the new Titan is the "Titan Elite". Because, ya know, we don't have enough seats with "Elite" around yet. :p

I think, since they are the only two Evenflo's with the 50 lb. weight limit, they should have made them a whole new category and given them totally different names.

It does seem like they are confusing parents on purpose. If the manuals have to be written at a 5th grade reading level (or whatever grade it is) then they need to make the model names much, much simpler.

tjham

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Oh, man! I remember my Chase had a big sign on it saying Comfort Touch and I thought that was the name of it til I saw the box. I finally figured that Comfort Touch is the name of the soft stuff on the arm rests. But that can't be the case now because even seats with no arm rests say Comfort Touch! :confused:

http://www.google.com/search?q=comf...d=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

:scratcheshead: I thought Comfort touch refered to the soft fabric, not the armrests.

Kimberly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC