New post recall britax hugs

Cryssy Jane

Just received my post recall hugs today and they do seem stiffer than the original. Although i personally didn't have an issue with the others but am glad Britax was proactive about this issue. Photos attached are the new hugs, ill post comparison photos tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:
ADS

creideamh

I got replacements in the mail the day before the recall came out... Do you think they're the same? They do feel stiffer/less pliable at the top than the old ones. I would assume yes, and I really don't want to wait on hold for 30 minutes just to be told I'm fine...

Cryssy Jane

I'm not sure, I haven't taken my other ones off yet to compare but just by general feel the new ones seem a lot stiffer overall.

gigi

I have the new ones. They are very stiff and I thought I wouldn't like them and they would interfere with the harness, but I love them in use!

Cryssy Jane

So after playing with both sets this morning marking the recalled ones, I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same or at least so close I can't tell a difference. If you wiggle the ends on each set they they create that white I'm stretching too far look. Both stretch about the same distance. I didn't want to over do it incase they ended up breaking, but I'm not seeing much of a difference.

Recalled on left, non recalled on right.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

creideamh

The ones I seen at bru were very stiff. I'm not sure I like them. Are they still optional RF?

They are still optional RF. When I called CS the week before the recall, the rep actually told me that when I got the replacements, to set them aside until I turned FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC