Is it safe to remove headest when rf?

Carolinadaisy

I was wondering if my 20 month old son is rf in a britax boulevard in a 2011 Honda Pilot in the second row, can I remove the headrest to give him a better view out the rear window? I don't want to do if it is not safe, but I would like him to have a better view out for our upcoming road trip. My 4 yr old and myself get carsick from looking out the side windows for too long and the roads we will be traveling on are pretty curvy. Just trying to save our sanity a little if possible. Thanks!

I couldn't find an answer on the Honda Pilot manual and everyone here is always so knowledgeable!

ADS

Carolinadaisy

Great thanks! I will be taking off the headrest behind my older son's Frontier for a better install so thought I'd check for my little guy. That will make him so much happier! I will have to put it up to use the DVD player if needed, but I am really hoping he won't need it too much.

Adorkable

yeah i was just thinking the same thing, going to do that soon as i have the time to figure out how, mine are not wanting to come off easy

YinzerMama

yeah i was just thinking the same thing, going to do that soon as i have the time to figure out how, mine are not wanting to come off easy

There should be a little part that you can push in on on the outer side of one of the channels the metal legs slide into ... push that in and it should slide out. Unless you have tried that already and your car is just being difficult. :)

Adorkable

Yeah my car was just being difficult, my other car works just like that. Will need to look at it again when I don't have two toddlers on my hands.

I was having this fantasy yesterday that back seats had a feature where they reclined a ton, getting totally out of the leg room and line of sight for RF kids. And all seats were secured by latch and RF top tethers so were independent of the seat back.

A girl can dream

JCsMomma

In our Ford Fusion you have to use a paperclip or similar to push in a little button on one side while pressing the adjustment button on the other side to completely remove the headrests. Took me forever to figure out because every other car I've had it's just the one button! So thought I'd share just in case :)

Adorkable

got them off, nice!

yah i just got them off, once i really looked i say that both sides have buttons, just one side it clearly one and the other one is "stealth mode" one lets you lift and the other releases it to come off entirely.

the kids love it!!! they were out running an errand today with me and just kept pointing out ht back window like never before and even started waving to folks, the seem to have naturally avoided the side windows (they has a carsick streak this summer) but were pretty stocked to see clearly out the back, wish i had done it long ago, looks better in the rear view mirror as well

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC