Affix info from Graco

crunchierthanthou

They posted a FAQ on their blog -

http://blog.gracobaby.com/2012/11/06/affix-faq/

It's fairly basic info, but includes measurements and clarifies a few things.

I find it odd that they give conflicting info regarding use of lower anchors. Yes- go ahead and disregard the lower anchor weight limits (which makes sense). But then they state that it must be a dedicated LATCH position per the vehicle manufacturer. It seems that center LATCH should fall under their "only secures the booster to the vehicle" statement and be allowed as long as it has proper spacing and doesn't obstruct buckling. :twocents:

Is there a weight limit for use with the AFFIX LATCH System?
Since the LATCH system only secures the booster seat to the vehicle in this application, it may be used regardless of the weight of the child (up to the maximum seat weight rating of 100lbs. in both highback and backless modes).

Can I use the AFFIX in the center seating position of my car?
The LATCH system on the AFFIX may also be used in the center seating position. When using the LATCH system in the center position, the following rules will also apply in addition to those above:

Distance between the two inboard LATCH anchors must be 11” or greater
The vehicle owner’s manual must permit the use of LATCH in the center seating position
There must not be any contact or obstructions that could damage the CRS straps and/or the vehicle safety belts
The LATCH does not interfere with other vehicle belt connectors

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm guessing it's a legal issue....? (like, in the event of an injury, the car mfr. would say it's not a LATCH spot, and Graco would say, oh we toldja so...) Interesting!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC