Britax Livia material?

rverrone11

I'm trying to decide which Frontier to buy for my DD. She likes the way Livia looks, but I'm not sure how the fabric feels. Is it plush like many of the other Britax seats (we have a Marathon and Roundabout, and the covers are nice and soft).

Thanks!

ADS

HEVY

It's not plush and it's not mesh. I believe it's nylon, it's smooth. My daughter hasn't had any issues with coldness or sweating, she likes it. And it cleans pretty decently.

Phineasmama

It's like a soft windbreaker material, and it's nice but it also shows dirt really easily IMO. I switched it out for the cowmoo.

rverrone11

Aaah, I wish I could feel it in person. Of course DD likes the pink, but I like the plush feel of the other covers. I was thinking of getting cowmoo.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to the feel of other covers anyway since we have to get a Coccoro to make a 3 across work in our car.

rverrone11

Does it get sticky/sweaty in the summer? (I see that a couple of you are in California....I'm right on the NV/CA border)

Jessica61624

rverrone11 said:
Does it get sticky/sweaty in the summer? (I see that a couple of you are in California....I'm right on the NV/CA border)

We had cow and Livia during the summer. They both made dds back sweat. I wouldn't say one was worse than the other.

Chila88

I have Livia and Pink Sky side by side. Like them both, however I HATE how Livia shows dirt....particularly dye from dark denim. Our pink sky is 2 years old, never been washed (sound gross? It's never been spilled on and looks great!) no pilling, no stains etc even though its a light colour. Livia is 2 MONTHS old and has dark blue smeared all over the front of it from jeans. :mad: Love everything about this cover but THAT!!!!!

HEVY

I have Livia and Pink Sky side by side. Like them both, however I HATE how Livia shows dirt....particularly dye from dark denim. Our pink sky is 2 years old, never been washed (sound gross? It's never been spilled on and looks great!) no pilling, no stains etc even though its a light colour. Livia is 2 MONTHS old and has dark blue smeared all over the front of it from jeans. :mad: Love everything about this cover but THAT!!!!!

I do have to agree that Livia gets dirty more often than Pink Sky did.

rverrone11

Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to go with something other than Livia. We live in the desert; my girls go climbing with DH quite often; they play in the dirt all the time...I think I'll go for something that doesn't show dirt quite so much. :) We have a Marathon with an Ashley cover (I think Ashley...light yellow with big flowers), and it doesn't show dirt very much. I'm going to go with a similar fabric since I know how it wears.

Phineasmama

The Cowmoo is the same fabric, that kind of plushy one, I've had MA with those covers and I agree they hold up really well. Cowmoo has never showed dirt for me either, despite the fact that it has WHITE in it lol!

I don't think any of the other Frontier covers have that. My 2nd choice for a darker cover would be Onyx, but I have a Rushmore cover on my 2nd Frontier (grey mesh) and I am surprised at how well its held up. It is not snagged or looking ratty at all!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC