Question Radian headwings obstructing top slot

laurengt

(I searched but didn't find this elsewhere, though I'm on mobile and I don't think it searches as well as the full site w/google search.)

I am trying to get the harness through the top slots on our SK Radian xtsl, but the headwings are obstructing it. Seems like I'll need to feed the harness up under the headwings... But i don't feel good about that. Can that be right? What am I missing?

ADS

laurengt

manitobamimi said:
Have you moved the headwings to their highest position. I have to really work to get them up as far as they go.

I thought they were but maybe I need to put more muscle into it. I'll definitely check that.

scariestone

I had to put my foot on the seat and yank up really hard to get ours all the way up. Once they are, the last slot should be clear.

laurengt

laurengt said:
I thought they were but maybe I need to put more muscle into it. I'll definitely check that.

I had to pretty much hammer it up with my hands but I got it another inch or so up. I feel like an idiot but it really did look/feel like they were as high as they would go. :0)

manitobamimi

LOL! I had the exact same problem as you did when I got my radian in the mail last week, which why I figured they weren't moved up all the way. They are a real pain in the ass to get them up into their highest position. :)

cats2

(I searched but didn't find this elsewhere, though I'm on mobile and I don't think it searches as well as the full site w/google search.)

I am trying to get the harness through the top slots on our SK Radian xtsl, but the headwings are obstructing it. Seems like I'll need to feed the harness up under the headwings... But i don't feel good about that. Can that be right? What am I missing?

Do you by chance have the older style XTSL headwings? If so, then replacing it with the newer style helps a lot with the obstruction issue. This had been discussed in the past http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=155750&page=2, though it appears I can no longer view the pics in the original post. I know that my set of XTSL's had the older style, & I contacted SK, and they sent the new style headwings for free (along with instructions on how to replace them) :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC