Combination Carseat/Booster for 2005 Tacoma

U

Unregistered

I own a Graco SafeSeat and love it but now that my son is older and we are expecting another kid, I need to put the SafeSeat next to a full size car seat in the back of a double cab 2005 Toyota Tacoma. Some issues are:

The seat of the backseat is at a 30 degree incline, not mostly flat like most cars.

The backseat of the truck is significantly higher than the front seat, making my son's knees at my shoulders when he is forward facing and the slope of the front seat's back is sharp, leaving him with little to no leg room.

The SafeSeat cannot fit behind either the driver or passenger because of its size and our heights. The full size seat has to fit right next to the SafeSeat.

So far our solution is to get a different car for daily driving, but we will still need to use the truck to carry both kids on some occasions (Home Depot trips, etc)

My question is:
Does anyone have a Tacoma with a forward facing seat that works well?
And if you have one, can you put it next to a Snugride or similarly sized infant carrier car seat?

Thank you for any advice!

Randi

PS You can contact me directly at carseatsuggestions@gmail.com.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Safeseat1 or Safeseat2? I'm guessing 1, the infant seat? What is the age and weight of the kiddo you need to buy this new seat for?

angie3096

We have a 98 Toyota Tacoma 2 door extended cab. That backseat is TEENY WEENY. We have a FF Radian back there. It fits perfectly. And we tried a lotta different seats so I'm pretty confident saying it's the best fit you're going to find for a small space. And it's ultra narrow, so you should have no problem getting the baby's seat next to it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC