Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: What car should I get?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2010 Honda Accord

9 90.00%
  • 2010 Mazda 3

0 0%
  • 2011 Kia Optima

1 10.00%
  • 2011 Hyundai Sonata

0 0%
    Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

New to me car...again

We are getting closer to actually making a purchase. While I know an SUV would be better with us living on a dirt road in the boonies, I really want a car. Mainly for the gas milage but also because after 5 years of van driving, I want a trunk and I feel I have better visability in cars then SUVs or vans.

I have narrowed it down to the 4 choices in the poll. What would you get and why?

Oh yeah, my kids are 6 and 4. One harnessed in the Frontier and the other boostered. So, if Frontiers won't fit in my choices, please let me know.

If you have any of the above, or even any experiance with one, please weigh in on the good and bad.

We live in a small town with just 2 dealerships, Ford and Toyota. None of the cars I want are on either lot. I am trying to narrow it down to the model I want before looking out of town, but not easy to do when I can't be hands on with any of my 4 top picks.

Thank so much!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member veggiegirl228's Avatar

Re: New to me car...again

Honda Accord. But I'm very biased b/c I love Honda's! They are a good car and have been driving an Accord for many many years.
    Jennifer, SAHM to DD, 9.9 yrs old, 4'7", 73 lbs. Current ride is Safety 1st Incognito

I had an Accord once upon a time and loved it. It was a '92 though..however it is still going strong with well over 300,000km on it (my BIL's friend has it now). My sister has a Mazda speed3 (2008 I think) and she loves that car. It has a pretty scrunchy back seat but is good on gas. It may be tight for some RFing seats, but she has no issues with her FFing seats in it (AOEs). I have no opinion on the other two options but do have a soft spot for Hondas. I currently drive a Mazda and think that I will be getting a Honda next.

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

Carseat Crazy
    We've driven Accords forever and love them. But do luck seriously at the Hyundai, too - my husband has had some a car rentals and likes them, and they have a good warranty and great reviews.

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

Has anyone put Frontier85s in any of these?

Do a search on the board for Frontier and then the model of car you are interested in. You should find some posts about it.

I believe we have put them in our 1996 Toyota 4runner but I couldn't swear to it.
    I usually drive the trucks... 2005 Dodge Ram or 2005 Ford F150. They have been in both.
    Ali and Sadi born 2003 - 5 stepping
    Kai born July 2015 - Foonf and spare Scenera Next