Question Guide 65 questions

HaileysMommy

My cousin is looking for two seats for her son. He is almost 12 months old, 22lbs, 12inch shoulder height, 17inches to the top of his head. She is wanting something reasonably priced that will RF him for a decent amount of time and also hoepfully last til he is old enough to booster...so 5-6 years old. She needs two, one for her husbands and one for the grandma. Just from looking at stats on seats I am thinking the Guide 65 would be a great seat. High harness at 17-17.5 inches, 40 RF, 65FF. The thing is I know NOTHING about this seat. How is it on legroom? Any "issues" with it that makes it a not so fabulous seat? She doesn't mind springing for a $200 or less seat for her husbands car but wants something cheap in the garndmas so if this isn't the way to go please tell me. I figured two Guides would save her money...thanks!

ADS

creideamh

I have one in DD's babysitter's car... leg room is fine, standard LATCH which is a bummer but makes sense for the $, standard twisty Dorel straps. Def a good backup/travel seat IMO, but I personally wouldn't want to use it on a daily basis if I had the extra $$ just due to the small annoying things that add up to me :p

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
With some kids and possibly some cars the headrest tends to push the head forward when RF. It really seems to be very child-dependent, so it would be something I'd try before committing to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC