Spare Seat for Tacoma

AshleyCPST

CPS Technician
Hey y'all!!
Im starting to think about a spare seat for my husband's truck, 2004? tacoma extended cab. It has no backseat so we have to use the passenger, he's been using our chaperone in there on the few occas. he takes DD somewhere. It fits great and has several inches from the dash with the handle back. It does lose space as it goes up though so im not sure about a convertible that would fit and give us a good amount of RF time. I was thinking a cheap Scenera for now since it would probably end up with dirty work things in it if he left it installed. DD is 13mos, 18-20lbs and approx 30in with a torso height of 11in and 17in to the top of her head.

Thanks!!

ADS

Phineasmama

I'd get something that is super easy to install and uninstall for him. Probably a Graco MyRide, MySize 70, or Britax Roundabout 55.

AshleyCPST

CPS Technician
I like the MyRide but i think it would be a little bit overwhelming in there, its really a pretty small space :/ any suggestions at or around $100, im a little hesitant to spend more because of how sporadic it would be used and I'm sure it will take a small amount of abuse (i just keep thinking about the cover being filthy). And yes, the air bag is a key off in that year model.

canadiangie

I would be careful about buying anything too large that might obstruct his view of the side mirror. Pretty much anything is going to obstruct his view a little, but a Complete Air or TrueFit for example would be much, much worse I would think.

I'd go Guide 65, Scenera, that Evenflo one that some people prefer over the Scenera (Tribute?).

Something compact.

AshleyCPST

CPS Technician
I would be careful about buying anything too large that might obstruct his view of the side mirror. Pretty much anything is going to obstruct his view a little, but a Complete Air or TrueFit for example would be much, much worse I would think.

I'd go Guide 65, Scenera, that Evenflo one that some people prefer over the Scenera (Tribute?).

Something compact.

:yeahthatsad:eventually he'll be getting a new truck, just dont know when and i didnt want something that would be obstructive in the front seat. anyone know what returns are like for BRU/TRU? i may go pick up 2 or 3 to try out since we live out in the country and would have to take both cars over an hr to try anything in his truck. I can get a scenera and the safety 1st 3in1 here in town but thats about it.

canadiangie

:yeahthatsad:eventually he'll be getting a new truck, just dont know when and i didnt want something that would be obstructive in the front seat. anyone know what returns are like for BRU/TRU? i may go pick up 2 or 3 to try out since we live out in the country and would have to take both cars over an hr to try anything in his truck. I can get a scenera and the safety 1st 3in1 here in town but thats about it.

I wouldn't even bother. I'd get a Scenera or Air Protect (ie: ScenAIRa) online site-to-store, and call it a day. :)

amandaj553

My dad has an 01 tacoma with the tiny flip down seats in back. I have put a RF Triumph advance and a RF classic Marathon in the passanger seat. Both seats fit well, but did obstruct the side mirror a bit, I didn't feel it was a huge deal. For FF, we have an avenue in the backseat passanger side, and it fits and installs very well. Hope that helps!

AshleyCPST

CPS Technician
He has those same flip down seats but cant use them because he put speakers back there in his younger days ;) DD just won a $50 TRU gift card for her halloween costume and the i believe the complete air 65 is on sale too so im going to check that out tomorrow :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC